Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Teens, what are your lifts@bodyweight???

I find it helps just because since we're only begginer lifters doing these full reps semi heavy reps prepares you more for a max bench. My speed varies on them from pretty good to fast. If im usuing the bands then i just add 50lbs to the bar cause its a pain to take off all the bands.

im 17 (just turned 17 on feb 28-02), i follow bodybuiding routines as well as diets so my main goal is not strenght, but i do not ignore it though and incorporate it into my routines. i have a terrible squat and not too good dl either cuz i hafve only been performing them for like 8 months of my 2.5 years training, here is what i can do.

weight: 154
bench: 240 (was up at 250, but went down from cutting diet, strength is increasing and will soon be to 250 within a month i think)
squat: 270 (i hate this, i will not be satisfied unless i am up to at least 400 within 1.5 years)
deadlift: 370 (with straps, dont know waht without, hit 390 with straps when bulking, but agin strength went down from cutting, going back up though)
total: around 890, my weakness is definitely squat, and deadlifts a little too, i think in around a year i should be up there with some solid trainng and once i start bulking again after summer)

also ive never really seen a bench press shirt or know much about them in person, how much do they add to your max around, are ur guys figures withthem or without, ih ave never used one.

All you guys are looking good. I just wish i had gotten onto a board like this when i was your age instead of reading flex magazine and shit. When you guys are in your early 20's you'll all be throwing around incredible numberes if you train hard. If i knew back then what you guys know know i would have another 400 lbs on my total easy. You guys are getting some great advice on this board from some great lifters but don't forget to listen to your bodies. Keep it Up and we'll be reading about you in Powermag in a few years.

Great thread Cubanito,

I am not a teen anymore, but I second Grimmer. If I knew at you guys' age what I know now, I would be totalling an easy 400 lbs more than I am currently at.

My best bench in high school was a 255 lb bench weighing 155. That was without a shirt. I could deadlift about 225, and squat about 275 at that time. So don't despair at your current numbers. I have more than doubled my squat since then, doubled my deadlift since then, and am close to doubling that bench, and I have only been powerlifting for 8 months. Just think about how far ahead of the powercurve you guys are.

When you guys are college age, and your buddies are out getting hammered on beer and extacy, you guys will be continually getting stronger. When you get into your mid 20's and start getting some man strength, you will be freaking monsters. And those same beer drinking lazy ass buddies will be shaped like a pear, and won't be shit, while you will be an IRON GOD.

This is a long journey, not a destination. When I was 17, I was interviewing for a scholarship to college, and I was asked "who is your hero?" I answered, "myself in 10 or 15 years." That is the never say die, win at all costs attitude of an animal. I am not trying to get too sappy, but you guys are heroes in the making. I am not kidding about this. Powerlifterjay, even with freakish genetics did not become a 600 plus bencher overnight. Ed Coan did not squat 1,038 the first time he tried squatting, either.

Stick with it, never give up, never let anyone get you down, and if someone says you can't lift that say "Fuck you, maybe not yet, but I will."

B

Thanks for the good post Brian...Awesome.

Me, iam 250

Bench 260
Squat 375(just started 2 wks ago coming off knee surgery in Oct)
Dead 485

Have a piss poor total...need a better bench. With some effort i see a 600 dead and 500 squat not that far away...so that leaves my stubborn bench which WILL come up.

im so glad i found this board. i was always into body building, but it just didnt work well for me and i wanted to be able to see my progress quicker. I was stuck at the bodybuilding.com boards where replies are very rare, and the term "westside" is basically un heard of. Here, it is completely different. I've learned more here in a month, then i did at BB.com message boarsd in half a year. These boards are great... without these i'd still be making the mistakes i was a few months ago (i.e. trying to rush myself back to my workouts with a severly strained hamstring tendon, never really doing heavy squats or dead's ..etc)
thanks for all the help all of you have given me

110% I didn't know you were into BB well either way bro I guess you'll be stronger in your bulking cycle good luck. Right now I wanna bulk and not worry about weight after march 16 and see what I stay around to get stronger. I know I posted this brian b/c i hadn't seen any threads like this one and i was curious I know there are some strong S O B's out there so I personally wanted to see where I was at I guess I'm about average from the guys on this board give or take a squat/dead/bench :D . I have one goal set out for me those of you who constantly help me out and here me out know what it is(to beat the world record in teen class @165lb bodyweight).Sebass how old are you???? Deciever me too man I love this place I mean I spend most of my free time either lifting and then on here. I used to find myself just fucking around and not "loving" anything I did i liked it but i didn't love it THIS I LOVE.

im not really into bb anymore... i've been slowly getting out of it.. powerlifting is just more fun :)

Top Bottom