Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Technique training sessions?

JeetKuneDo

In Gung Fu we train on the focus pads for technique, and heavy bags for power ...

...can this b used for lifting? I know how important form is, so would any of u guys for example a session every week, or other week where u use light weights, and focus totaly on form with the purpose of migrating it onto your heavy lifts? Just wondered what your thought .. good or bad idea?
Deepest Regards
omid

------------------
"i said empty your mind. B formless shapless like water. U put water in a cup, it becomes the cup, u put water in a bottle it becomes the bottle. Now water can flow or it can crash ... b water my freind" - Bruce Lee

In my training for powerlifting there is a day for developing absolute power and one for speed work. Bench two different days and Squat/DL work on two other days.

The speed work is based on a percentage of the 1RM, and you focus on production of force and of course work on your form. If you are fast can become strong!!

------------------
m.pstm.8106.e.jpg

"I'm having an old friend for dinner."

yes exactly.

you have your heavy movements. basics.

there are your coordination movements. i use the stability ball from time to time with lighter weight or may use dbells and alternate arms for presses etc. these focus more on your nervous system developing coordination.

i integrate both into my training so as not to stagnate with just raw lifting.

Top Bottom