Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Teaching yourself

Swole_2112

To what extent can one teach themselves martial arts? Is it possible? How far could one go with it?

Especially Jeet Kune Do.

heavy_duty said:
how can you teach something you know nothing about?
martial arts are not learned from books or DVD.

you can learn theory, and techniique even 9at least somewhat0
but the problem there is you get no actual aplication
maybe, if you had at least one friend willing to spar with you maybe, maybe you could get somewhere
but realistically, your not going to do much

One of the best BBJ'ers in my gym learned from books and DVDs. BUT the biggest reason why is he had a large group of buddies that also rolled with him practicing the techniques.

I think you can learn a lot from books & DVDs - but you got to spar and roll with lots of people many hours. And overall probably not as good as a live instructor, but sometimes good ones might not be available where you live.

well I guess you can learn to grapple from books and video but you sure as heck can not learn something like TKD or Karate. you can learn or copy a form but you can not learn the "waza". anyway i'm going to stop here because I doubt any of you practice karate LOL. I think most of you are wrestlers from what I have read.

Top Bottom