Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tall guys are you jealous of shorter guys / short guys are you jealous of tall guys?

CobraUTAH

This is a training based question please read. I'm 6'3" and currently 226 pounds on my second week of my cutting cycle. Anyway I love being tall it rocks especially on the basketball court, but when it comes to lifting and building size it kind of sucks. I feel that a tall guy with the right frame size and genetics like ARNOLD can look amazing when properly built. I feel I've done pretty well for myself with my size and genetics, but even with decent sized arms they don't look like much until they are flexed. My legs never look big even though the are larger than all my friends, they are just to damn long. My complaint is that being tall makes it much more difficult to fill in the muscle and make it all look good. I know I'm looking bigger and better all the time and get comments from customers at my work almost everyday now, which feels good. Anyway I'm curious if other tall guys feel jealous ever of the comparatively easy time that shorter guys have stacking on muscle. Also I'm wondering if those shorter guys that are all stacked and look good and think with equal or lesser muscle ever realize that advantage or if they just wish they were taller.

I like being tall period, however in certain aspets of my life, lax, lifting, I wish i was about 5' 10 instead of 6' 3. But tis not all bad, i can be 250 pounds at 6'3 and be big, but not to big. uhh i guess, playing certain sports you dont want to be to bulky, but the weight is still an advantage.

I’m 6’4”, and I wouldn’t give that height up for anything. I agree it’s nice for everyday life (except public transport and buying clothes!). However, at over 250lbs, and a reasonable body fat % (can see some abs), I don’t feel I look as muscular as shorter guys who and MUCH lighter.

Another thing I notice is that when you are tall, to get that “big” look, you have to get freaky big, and that really stands out from the general population. I’m sure shorter guys can get away with it without scaring people quite so much…

I’m sure shorter guys will have different opinions, the grass is always greener I guess, work with what you got. :)

i'm not in the least jealous of short guys, i'm 6'2" and that is not considered tall at all where i come from. it's kind of average really. i do think it's harder to get that 'big' look when you're taller, but when you DO fill out nicely, you will look absolutely massive IMO. a tall big guy looks larger than a short big guy (if that makes any sense at all)

I am short, five foot seven and one half. I am jealous of tall guys, I guess, as they have a better chance of becoming professional athletes, ( how many sub 6footers do you see on TV?). And a lot of girls like taller guys, strike that, most girls like taller guys.

However, some of us grew to height, some to length (think on that one a bit), and I can't do a damn thing about how tall or short I am, so I just do the best with the hand of cards I was dealt. Wishing I was taller does not make me any taller, so I don't do it.

Besides, come contest time, being short is not such a bad deal, especially when squatting or benching. But if I was tall, I might be doing strongman, which is also cool. We just have to find whatever niche we happen to fit into, and do the absolute best we can.

If you are short, forget the NBA, and if you are tall, give up on those dreams of being a jockey.

B.

I'm short. 5'7"

The ONE nice thing (I keep tellin myself this) is that I can gain 10 lbs and it makes a big difference and looks great on me - where as a 6'2" guy can gain 10 lbs and may not be able to tell at all.

The flip side is every time I get the flu and lose any weight it's also far more noticeable.

If I had a choice in the matter I'd rather be tall.

benchmonster said:
and if you are tall, give up on those dreams of being a jockey.
Aw crap:(

I'm almost 6'3" at about 260. A couple months ago, I was 275. Like hellboy said, people have been telling me I look the same(of course I think I look anorexic though). Whereas, if my 5'6" bro lost that amount of weight, he'd be fucked.

As was mentioned...when tall guys fill out, they look bigger, more intimidating, and more powerful(imo). However, the road to get there is definately much rougher than that of their shorter brothers.

Like Sofa, I would never want to be short. But I'm sometimes frustrated when I see shorter lifters advance so fast.

Sometimes I think about it, and being tall sucks (not that I would give up my height mind you). In pro BB for example, a guy like Lee Preist is in contest shape at 200-215lbs. To maintain that type of muscle, he probably really doesn't have to go to the extremes drug wise. Then you take someone like Lou Ferringo during his comeback (6'5 320) or Gunther who plans to compete in the near future at 320 as well, and you think about how much they must need to to maintain that. But then I think how much more freaky, and better someone at Gunther's height looks with that muscle compared to someone like Priest, or Ernie Taylor.

As for me, it's a battle. My friend Bill is 5'6 200. I look only as big as him, and I am in the 250's now, but I am also nearly 6'4. When he was even only 170, he looked huge. Even with all that, as I stated above, I wouldn't give up my height. I guess in the end, we should all just be happy with whatever we were dealt with in life as far as something like this, and make the best of it.

Top Bottom