Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tall guys are you jealous of shorter guys / short guys are you jealous of tall guys?

The best attitude to have is to just be happy with what ya got and do the most with it. Like hellboy said a tall guy can gain 10 pounds and hardly notice it, I guess that's exactly what I'm feeling right now. A shorter guy can gain the same weight and really look like he got bigger. I guess all sizes have there advantages at different things. I usually consider shorter guys as being stronger in bench and squat because the weight moves a shorter overall distance and the biomechanical leverage is better. Yet when ever you watch the strongman competitions why are all the competitors like 6'4 and taller? I know that some are short but most of the big guys and the winners are tall. Is there something I don't know about height that gives you extra strength or are they just gifted to being tall and strong at the same time.

C3bodybuilding said:
Sometimes I think about it, and being tall sucks (not that I would give up my height mind you). In pro BB for example, a guy like Lee Preist is in contest shape at 200-215lbs. To maintain that type of muscle, he probably really doesn't have to go to the extremes drug wise. Then you take someone like Lou Ferringo during his comeback (6'5 320) or Gunther who plans to compete in the near future at 320 as well, and you think about how much they must need to to maintain that.

Lou is not 6'5'' he is about 6'3'' or so and Lee Preist is an aas posterboy.

I am 6'3'' at about 325 today and I don't look as big porportionally as a lot of guys that weigh a hundred pounds less than me. That being said I am also very happy to be tall b/c I can hold a lot more mass........mmmmm mass

i am 5'7" and happy with my size, however when a guy over six foot starts to really pack on mass i think it looks much more dramatic and impressive.

I never want to be all that big anyway, I just want to be lean 5-6% and about 210 or 215 tops. For a tall guy I feel that you have two options you can either be lean or massive. over 6 feet tall and around 210-220 at a fairly low bodyfat percentage your only going to look lean not really bulky or giant. To look really big and imposing your going to need to be at least 250 or greater, of course with low bodyfat. I just couldn't handle being that large because number one my frame isn't built for that much mass and two I don't think it would be that fun for me personally. I'd like the strength but at a point to much mass can get in the way and slow you down. I think my favorite tall physique would have to be Shannon Sharpe, that dude is massive at like 235 I think and he's close to the 6'3" mark. What other pro athletes or celebrities of any kind are around 6'3 and between 200 and 240 pounds.

I'm a little over 6'3, wouldn't give it up for anything. I do, however, get jelous sometimes that some shorter guys can get strength/size so quickly.

-sk

Here's another question relating to height. Whenever I tell someone that I'm 6'3" they seem to always say "no your taller than that because I'm (insert random height) and you've got me by a bunch. I find that the general public doesn't really know how tall they are or have never been properly measured. For example my dentist still thinks he's 6'5" and I'm taller than he is by at least an inch. He fights me on that issue everytime I see him. I do gain an extra inch or inch and a half when wearing my shoes, but I am still 6'3" properly measured from the floor to the top of my head no shoes body straight and flat against a wall. Does anyone else experience that ever.

Good point is that tall guys can rarely get that thick-as-a-house look that short guys can get easily. I've got friends at are pro bodybuilders who are 6'3" and up... weighting in around 260lbs. They don't look nearly as big as the short guys who weight 225lbs... or even 200lbs.

haha. the short v. tall debate carries on as it will for eternity.

I'm 6'8, 245-248 and built like a thoroughbred, skinny ankles and wrists. It is self-serving but I find the leaner/taller and athletic appearance, kind of like a model on juice or something, more appealing than someone who looks stumpy --when they look as big around as they are tall.

SofaGeorge said:
Good point is that tall guys can rarely get that thick-as-a-house look that short guys can get easily. I've got friends at are pro bodybuilders who are 6'3" and up... weighting in around 260lbs. They don't look nearly as big as the short guys who weight 225lbs... or even 200lbs.

im about 5-9, and i like my height. Call it the medium, it shows when i gain mass, and i can come close to dunking. i wouldnt wana get taller, maybe a little shorter actually.

Taller is undoubtedly better for almost all activities. Bench pressing, BullRider and Gymnast, are about the only things besides Jockey that I can think of where shorter is better.

But who cares? It is not like you can do anything about it. I would love to be as big as IronLion, whom I have trained with, and he is every bit as big as he claims, by the way, but I ain't as big as him, and I ain't ever gonna be, so why bother with it?

For bodybuilding purposes, shorter is probably better, down to a point. And I bet that point is about five eight or nine. And tall guys who are upset that they can't get wide as a house, don't sweat it. Most chicks don't like that anyways.

I got tons more attention from the femanina's when I was in fighting trim at five 7.5 and 185 than I do now at same height and 240, and my bodyfat is not drastically different than it was then. Maybe 2 or 3% more now than then, if that.

B.

Top Bottom