Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Take Your Mass To a Whole New Level "The New M.I.T. Bulking Workout "

Superfrk

Take Your Mass To a Whole New Level "The New M.I.T. Bulking Workout "

By: Superfrk

M.I.T. stands for Mass Intensity Training. It is a set of principles that will make your mass training more effective and productive. Here is a break down of the basic principles.

1. Use controlled basic movements. - Basic movements build mass; you should be able to control the weight with a pace of 4 sec upswing and 4 sec on the downswing.

2. Only train a body part no more than once per 5 - 7 days. – Muscle is built out side of the gym. This will give your body the time needed to recover and prevent over training. Also to increase LBM places a heavy load on the body’s resources. This time off will help you to perform at your very best.

3. Keep all workouts under 30 – 45 min. – Any thing over 45 min will become catabolic and will actually damage muscle. It is our goal to increase LBM so this is not a desired result. Also the first 20 – 30 min of strenuous exercise has been shown to be highly anabolic in nature. This is a tremendous benefit and is the reason for the time restriction.

4. Use heavy weights that you can only lift for 4 –8 reps per set. - This range has been proven to promote the most hypertrophy. To increase muscle mass you must constantly shock the muscle. This causes the adaptive ability of the body to kick in and will promote growth and recovery. Note every workout you should be able to increase the weight used by 2.5 – 5 lbs. or more.

5. Take a week off every 12 -15 weeks of training – You can not expect your body to run at 100% all the time. Give it a break and you will find it of benefit mentally and physically. I know it is hard to believe but your performance and progress will improve as well.

The most frequent mistakes made, when entering a mass phase lie within the hit and miss approach taken by the trainee. Most simply state that they are going on a bulk phase and apply little to no thought toward it. And due to their half ass approach they do not yield even close to the results that they could have, if they had planned for it. This however is a mistake you will have the opportunity to avoid. Simply because the following two articles will completely break down the workout and diet designed for one thing and one thing only. Mass!!!!

Pre- Cycle Important!

Though you are aiming for a Herculean type physique, you must keep in mind that we are still plagued by human frailties. Mainly over training, while I do not like to harp on this subject, it must be addressed and taken very seriously if you are to optimally progress in this program.
Bodybuilders go through three stages. The first is a maintenance stage, in which the athlete has decided to maintain his current physique. The second is a cutting stage in which their main concentration is to get lean. The third is of course the bulking phase. The latter two are the most frequently used of the three. This is because the bodybuilding mentality is one of conquest. We are always trying to improve in one area or another and can't stand the thought of becoming stagnant.
However because of our ferocity to grow, we frequently make the mistake of going from a cutting phase into our bulking stage without a break in between the two. I say mistake, because if you have been cutting for several weeks or perhaps several months your body is without a doubt in an over trained state! You cannot place yourself under that much stress and not expect this to take place. This is why I highly recommend every bodybuilder starts their bulk by taking 5-7 days off to first recover. If they do not, they will severely limit their gains! Like a warrior preparing for battle you can take this time to pre-plan your meals and workout schedule.

Separate your 12 week Bulk Phase into Workout Cycles

I do not believe that the human body can be pushed at 100 percent of its capacity for more than 6-12 weeks without needing some kind of small break ( I.E. 5-7 days ). It simply cannot take more stress than that and for this reason the following workout will last within that range of time. This particular bulking cycle will span a total of 24 workouts. After which you will have gained allot of mass over your entire body. I would strongly suggest that you take another 5 days off when you have completed this cycle as your body will definitely need it!

Training Split

I have designed this training schedule so that:

A. Each body part will be worked every 5th day. I.E. if you worked your chest on Monday it will be worked again on Saturday. This will allow plenty of rest and believe me; you are going to need it! If you follow the program correctly you are going to be one sore Mutha Fucker !

B. Body parts that work in unison will be worked all in one workout. For example when you exercise your back, you also have pre-fatigued your forearms and biceps. Therefore you will work them all in the same day.

One Complete Cycle Will Be:

Monday: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps

Tuesday: Hang out at muscledfreakz.com message board

Wednesday: Back, Biceps, Forearms

Thursday: Quads, Hamstrings, Calves

Friday: Go on a date.

Saturday: Start the Cycle Over

For your first and second cycle you will use workout number one. When you have completed two cycles you will want to start adapting the workout to find what best works for you for the following two cycles. Following these cycles you will go back to workout number one and then back to your constantly adapting workout two. After this you will have finished 24 brutal mass building workouts!
Overview:

Cycles 1-2 = workout one
Cycles 2-4 = Adaptive workout two
Cycles 5-6 = workout one
Cycles 7-8 = Adaptive workout two
Finished (rest 5 days after which you can either repeat or start a new program)

Intensity

The key to any routine is not necessarily the volume but the intensity that the athlete applies to it! I cannot stress this point enough. I've seen bodybuilders get done in 3 sets what it took others to get done in 20. As I said before the experienced bodybuilder can make one set of 4-6 rep squats more intense than 10 sets of normal range squats. This is why I am asking you to challenge yourself mentally and to break your pain barriers.

Volume of the Workout Explained

My goal when I designed this workout was to create a hardcore enough routine to stimulate a maximum amount of hypertrophy. However I am staying away from allot of volume and opting for more shocking methods. The workouts shouldn't last too long. However with the correct intensity you should have problems moving after these. The reason why I am staying away from high volume is because I want recovery to be at a maximum. Remember you will be constantly blasting and bombarding your body for a span of 24 ass kicking workouts.

Shocking Principles

As you will notice, I am incorporating a high number of shocking principles. Each has a purpose and I will explain it as I narrate the routine to you.

Finally the Workout!

First Priority: Take 5-7 days off! And just Kick it! Watch T.V., get a Massage, hell you may even work on your tan. But try and limit your physical activity.

Chest, Shoulders, Triceps (Workout one)

Chest

Decline Bench: This way we can isolate the lower pecs. If you are at home and do not have a decline
bench then flat will serve as an excellent substitute.

Speed of The Rep: This program will focus on slow controlled movements. The tempo will be to move the weight as slowly and controlled as you possibly can and then smoothly down (approximately 4 second on the way down. The only exception will be on the last rep. On this rep I want you to pause at the top for a peak contraction and lower slowly (approximately 6-8 seconds on the negative rep.) My purpose here is to target the maximum amount of muscle fibers as possible.

2 sets total

reps ( 4 - 6 )

Then immediately do a set of dumbbell fly’s

Reps to failure (6-10)

This is commonly referred to as “compound aftershock” That is when you follow a compound movement with a “stretching movement “This method will stimulate a tremendous amount of hypertrophy.

Incline bench ( same thing 2 sets of 4-6 reps) then use compound aftershock with 1 set incline dumbbell fly’s (6- 10) reps

shoulders

We have already pre-fatigued your shoulders through bench presses. We will now brutally target every single fiber that your delts have left in one fail swoop!!!

dumbbell shoulder presses

Choose a light weight that you can easily get 8 repetitions with. Once you accomplish this, without rest pick up a heavier dumbbell and get 8 reps with it. Do 1 set with a weight that you can only lift for (4 – 6) reps. Now here is where the pain begins, when your delts are so pumped with blood that you are begging for mercy! Now do 1 more set of (4-6) reps with the same weight or in till failure.
All the sets are performed without rest!

For the final blow, and to add delt width perform the following:

one double drop set of standing side lateral raises ( 8, 10, 12 )

one single drop set of standing side lateral raises ( 8, 10 or in till failure)

Triceps mass

We are staying with the basics on your triceps. Pure mass exercises!

3 sets behind the back dips for triceps (8-10) reps

Quads, Hamstrings, Calves (Workout One)

Squats 3 supersets: Main emphasis quads, secondary effect, hamstrings, glutes
Wide stance squat, toes pointed out and parallel (12, 10, 8) super set with 10 one and a half rep sissy squats, 8 and then 6. The half rep should be performed on the lower half of the exercise. This is again compound aftershock. A compound and heavy exercise super set with a stretching exercise.
This combination can't be beat.
You should notice more peak and mass on your entire quadriceps muscle.

Lunges 4 straight Sets Main emphasis hamstrings,
Lunges create tremendous peak and mass in the hamstrings. They also tie them into the quadriceps muscle. In edition they build up and strengthen the gluts, perhaps more than any exercise on earth. You will perform 4 sets of dumbbell lunges. This is one of the only exercises that I will not ask you to go to close to failure on. However you need to choose a weight that is challenging for the rep range that I assign. ( 12, 10, 8, 6, ) In edition I want you to perform one leg at a time rather than alternate.

Lying Leg Curls

We will finish your hamstrings off with.

2 sets lying hamstring curls (4-6)

one single drop set ( 8, 12 )

Standing Calf Raises

More than ever intensity is the key for the following two sets! Give it everything you have and you will see great growth in your calves!

2 sets standing (4-6)

one single drop set standing ( 10, 8 )

Back, Biceps, Forearms (Workout One)

Back workout

Wide Grip Pull-ups: Palms facing away from you
3 sets of wide grip pull-ups to failure On the last set once you have reached failure set a bench underneath the bar and assist yourself up with it and perform an excruciatingly slow negative rep on the way down! This is where intensity comes in! You can absolutely destroy your back if these are done slow enough! Fight your weight all the way down! It should take a minimum of 5 seconds to lower your self. Perform 5 of these negative reps immediately after you reach failure on the last set.

Note: If you cannot get many pull-ups then use a bench to assist you or spotter and heavily concentrate on the negative rep. Wide grip (10, 8, 6) This will strengthen your ability to perform the exercise and you will get tremendous gains from it as well!

Close Grip Pull-ups

3 sets of close grip to failure plus 5 negative reps on the last set. Your main concentration on this exercise needs to be the stretch you get at the bottom. Work on having a full range of motion. I emphasize the stretch, because it will bring your lats much lower and produces a significantly higher amount of growth compared to if you had just done partial reps.

Seated Cable Rows super set with Bent Over dumbbell Laterals ( seated or standing )

Seated cable rows 3 sets of (12, 10, 8) reps superset with 3 sets of bent over dumbbell laterals. When you reach failure on the seated cable rows cheat out these amount of reps on each set (4, 5, 6)
The same principle applies with bent over dumbbell laterals. ( 12, 10, 8 ) reps plus cheat reps ( 2, 3, 4) This superset will do three things:
1. Thicken your back
2. Create detail on the upper back and traps
3. Give your Shoulders a 3d look by concentrating on the rear delt.
Biceps:
Concentration Curls
We are going to pre-fatigue the “peak” of the muscle so that they rise more dramatically when flexed.
Perform one set of concentration curls (4-6).
Standing Barbell or Cambered bar Curls
2 Sets (4-6) one cheat rep after each set to failure. The key here is to heavily concentrate on the muscle. Don't just throw the weight back and forth! It should take you 2 sec to raise it and 2 to lower it.
2 sets lying dumbbell curls (4-6) note: of advanced add one additional set of (4-6)

The main concentration here is the stretch! Get a full stretch at the bottom of the exercise! This is a great finisher for the biceps.
Forearms:

Hammer Curls
2 single sets of slight incline hammer curls (4-6) It should take one second to raise the weight and 3 to lower it.
Behind The Back Wrist Curls
2 sets of behind the back wrist curls (8)

Conclusion
The program will test you both physically and mentally to entirely new heights. However, if you do decide to embark on this journey you will know what it means to be hardcore. And in the process you will pack on a whole new layer of muscle mass!

Apperently you must have not read the whole thing because if you did you swould realize that while the 2 are different you could interchange some of the advanced principles from either the DC training or the M.I.T traning and intermix them to a point. I think that mine is a little more simplified do to the fact that while his uses streching methods, mine uses compound aftershock methods to follow a compound movement with a stretching movement This method will stimulate a tremendous amount of hypertrophy. You could incorporate the compound shock method into his as I have seen post before were people get bored or do not care for all the streching that is a part of the DC traing method. Also with my system it is broken down in to 2 weeks training cycles, were the workout is alternated between the 2 week cycles to provide variety and also to change up the workout to help keep the muscles shocked and growing. I do not see why it would not be a problem to run a two week cycle of my training system and then alternate the next 2 weeks with his, then mine for 2 weeks then his ect..... Also the reason for the 2 week cycles is to help people develope what will work best for them. Thus in the end developing their own system from the base M.I.T. system

This program doesnt look bad.... but there are some flaws in my opinion

Concentration Curls
We are going to pre-fatigue the “peak” of the muscle so that they rise more dramatically when flexed.

You seem like a smart guy... but you just might be the last person on the face of the planet who thinks you can grow a specific part of one of the heads on your bicep... specifically the "Peak"... peak is a result of genetics and where your bicep connects to your tendon my friend... end of story.

The Back routine seems very lacking.... The chins are good, but where is the compound back movement?
Throw in some deads(or rack deads to target only back) and replace the cable rows with bent over rows and I think we'd be in business.

My last beef about this program is the decline bench and all the flies. IMO decline bench is crap... but this is very subjective....
I think doing 6 reps on flies in kind of stupid as well... its such an easy exercise to cheat on... especially when doing heavy weights... Again my opinion...

I think the majority of the information is common knowledge for any advanced lifter... but this would be an awesome report for somebody who hasnt been training as long and would like to take things to the next level.

Hope I didnt sound offensive

Superfrk said:
1. Use controlled basic movements. - Basic movements build mass; you should be able to control the weight with a pace of 4 sec upswing and 4 sec on the downswing.

the only part i take issue with is the concentric speed. white fibers are explosive by nature and also the ones to hypertrophy the greatest. with this type of scheme, it would seem to target more intermediate fibers. though good for taxing a great deal of muscle through TUT, without explosion the deep fibers arent nearly stimulated as much as superficial (as would be the case if one is "holding back" to maintain the rep tempo)

i have no doubt its intense though.

I don't see the need for concentration curls or lateral raises. I am more interested in sticking with one exercise per muscle group and pound it beyond failure with 125% intensity. Although the ideas are interesting. . .this would not be for me.

I also don't like the fact that you train back the day before legs. What if you want to deadlift, then you squat the next day? This will not work.

Heavy flyes and reverse dropset lateral raises? Bye-bye shoulders. Also you should almost always have a form of deadlift in your routine, at least do stiff legged deads and forget about lunges. Lunges are too much of an awkward movement and pale in comparison to SLDLs.

DrBones, Not at all bro as the workout was created for an intermediate to move to the next level and gain some Mass. As far as the decline bench goes I do agree with you to a point, and personnally I replace them with weighted dips leaning forward with chin baried down to work the lower chest, but left that out as most trainee's have really shitty form and control on the movement. IMHO the Flat bench is over rated as well. as fas as this statement "We are going to pre-fatigue the “peak” of the muscle so that they rise more dramatically when flexed. " Your right and basically I really do need to reword it for better understanding, and explain it better. When you work the bicepts there is a point in the movement where you feel the stress in the bicept to a greater degree, This is really what I ment was the peak of the movement, also the placement and angle of the wrist and hand to help decrease the effect of the muscles of the forerm from taking away the stress to the bicept. Very bad wording and should have been explained much better on my part. I still need to rework the Back workout for other trainee's, I twisted my spine causing the nerves to be pinched and damaged on the right lower half of my body back in 1996. I am missing the third disc up for the bottom of my spine. The doctor told me I would have a perminate limp as the bone is now fused in that spot, so basically I only listed the movements that work will for me in the workout. On retro spect I could add a compond movement to the workout for other trainee's though.

bignate73

the only part i take issue with is the concentric speed. white fibers are explosive by nature and also the ones to hypertrophy the greatest. with this type of scheme, it would seem to target more intermediate fibers. though good for taxing a great deal of muscle through TUT, without explosion the deep fibers arent nearly stimulated as much as superficial (as would be the case if one is "holding back" to maintain the rep tempo)

You are right to a point, the reason for the speed is that it will actually hit more fibers, the fast twich fibers will still be worked, the speed is actually slow enough that to maintain form the muscle will fire very quickly in order to stabalize the motion. Trust me if you try at a slow pace you will notice the contractions will be quite strong, it hits the nerves hard enough that you will actually have contrations post workout. I went to a Kmart after one of my workouts and could not even hold a bottle still enough to read the lable as my chest an arms were still contracting, It comes from a new method that is to train the nerves to fire harder for better muscle gains. You will notice that if you try this for a couple of weeks and then try on the third week to go back to a quicker rep range that your lifts will increase greatly.

Top Bottom