Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

T Bar Rows With An Olympic Bar & Low Row Handle???

Texas Ranger

Guys, does anyone use an olympic bar and row handle to do T-Bar Rows in the corner? I'm thinking of adding them to my back routine and wanted to hear some results. Does the barbell stay in place when using heavy weight? I work out at home and don't have access to a T-Bar Row machine.

i fuckin love this exercise. i've found that with 3 plates or more, the bar stays put. It's with the lower weights that the bar starts to come up. If this is the case, have someone put their foot over the bar in the corner. This exercise has really brought out the lower region of my lats.

I've done them before and really like them. I have never had a problem with the bar moving. My gym put in a small metal box along the wall for people who don't want to use the t-bar row machine, to save on holes in the wall and keep the bar from moving.

A big part of my routine.I love going them,I use strict form on this movement not alowing my back to bow or my shoulders to roll forward. Im up to 8 plats for 10 reps. I seen a video of coleman doing 12 plats for 10 reps!

and you can throw a db over the end to help keep it down
the new yuppie gym doesnt have a corner that i can use this movement, and i miss it

In my college gym enough people had done these to hollow out a spot in the corner that the end of the bar fit in perfectly. Since the walls were all concrete it held the bar very well but wouldn't break loose suddenly. Also I love this exercise, there is a pivot mounted t-bar with the narrow handles welded on in my new gym.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Is this where you stradled the bar between your legs and put the weight on the same side that you lift from? Kinda like what Arnold did in pumping iron?

BOOEY said:
Is this where you stradled the bar between your legs and put the weight on the same side that you lift from? Kinda like what Arnold did in pumping iron?

Yes.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I do them up against a concrete wall in the garage with a couple of car stands on either side and it doesn't go anywhere. A corner would be even better but I can't reach any of them.

Great exercise.

Top Bottom