Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

swimming for weight loss

legendre jack

Hi everyone , I used to keep myself in shape running but I started suffering from joint pain and I can't run anymore like I used, that is causing weight gains. I was considering other options that don't involve putting weight and stress on my leg joints and swimming seems to be the best option right now, my question for you is if swimming could be as effective as running for fat loss and how often and how many hours a day, thank you.

Swimming would be a great option for you since it puts almost no stress on your body (joints, tendons, ligaments). You might have to adjust calories down a bit at first until you build up your endurance again.

I actually recommend swimming to a lot of my clients because it's really low impact and a full body exercise. It's also a nice change from always being in a gym setting.

The goal of cardio is to simply burn calories. It does not matter what form of cardio you do, as long as it gets you moving and gets your heart rate up!

The bike, treadmill, step mill, rower, bur-pies, skipping etc. are all equally good options. If you don't like doing traditional cardio on a piece of cardio equipment, then things like MMA classes, swimming, playing floor hockey or basketball etc. are great options.

At the end of the day, anything that gets you moving and increases your heart rate is a great option and good for fat loss!

Top Bottom