Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Swimming

nefertiti

Memeber
Elite Moderator
Hello ladies. it's been a while since I've actually started a thread here asking questions lol.

So I need to start swimming laps. I have to train for some speed/endurance tests in july, and I can't remember the last time I really swam all that much.

That said, anyone here ever do this semi regularly? How did you incorporate it into your training program?

Hmmm, is right. I can't swim. LOL! I can do just about anything, but..

I´ve never mixed swimming and workouts, couple years ago I swam 1 hour a day 4 days a week, lost almost 30 pounds in a month :eek:

Hello ladies. it's been a while since I've actually started a thread here asking questions lol.

So I need to start swimming laps. I have to train for some speed/endurance tests in july, and I can't remember the last time I really swam all that much.

That said, anyone here ever do this semi regularly? How did you incorporate it into your training program?

When I belonged to Golds, they had a pool there so I'd do my regular workouts then followed by swimming. It's very relaxing but the water at 6am was too "cold" for me. I like it HOT!!!!!
I used to swim competitive up until I was 18. Loved swimming!!

Yeah see I can't figure out if I should do this on my "off" days, or try and to it post lifting as my "cardio." I ordered a bathing suit I can stand wearing (I can't do a one piece. I just can't lol...but I fund a cute little triathalon style bikini by body glove) and it should be here within a week.

Yeah see I can't figure out if I should do this on my "off" days, or try and to it post lifting as my "cardio." I ordered a bathing suit I can stand wearing (I can't do a one piece. I just can't lol...but I fund a cute little triathalon style bikini by body glove) and it should be here within a week.

lol I cant do a one piece either. I feel like my torso is too long if that makes any sense! :)

Apparently you've not read many of my posts.

I have been doing aquatics/swimming more so than weighted work for bout 2 1/2 years.

What precisely is it that you would like to know?

My husband was a competitive swimmer and ocean life guard when he wore much younger skin. He taught me how to swim better but I'm still not very good at it. I am finally up to 4 laps! Hard to stay afloat when you are so dense.... There is nothing better than work in the pool. :)

Currently I do a 2 day total body work-out (Sun and Thur) with 4/5 days of work in the pool. Wed and Sat will be total days off. Does that make sense?

I'll be honest, when I wasn't training much, I wasn't hanging out in the fitness forums much. I'd love your help.

lol funny about not floating. My upper half floats, but my core down to my legs sink! I have a lot of muscle in that area naturally, always have.

basically I'm just trying to figure out how best to incorporate lap swimming into my lifting schedule. Since, for the sake of my knee, I'm only lifting every other day, I was thinking of doing it twice a week in my off days, and having one true complete off day. But i'm not sure in doing that I'm giving my body enough rest (years of ballet and I feel like I'm coming apart at the seams sometimes).

Top Bottom