x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabs.rudomestic-supply.com

Sweating = Fat Loss

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Sweating = Fat Loss within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Sounds simple and stupid but it's true. Here's proof (at least for me)... The 4 times in my life when I've lost fat at a CRAZY pace: 1) When I did 3 months of boot camp... from dawn till dusk we constantly did PT and I was ALWAYS sweating. Lost 25 lbs. 2) When I did BFL a couple years ago. I would sweat like a pig every morning I did that 20-minute Aerobic Solution cardio workout, and the other days when I'd do the brief rest period, high intensity workouts too. I lost 10 lbs in

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Cuts

Arrow Sweating = Fat Loss

Sounds simple and stupid but it's true. Here's proof (at least for me)...

The 4 times in my life when I've lost fat at a CRAZY pace:

1) When I did 3 months of boot camp... from dawn till dusk we constantly did PT and I was ALWAYS sweating. Lost 25 lbs.

2) When I did BFL a couple years ago. I would sweat like a pig every morning I did that 20-minute Aerobic Solution cardio workout, and the other days when I'd do the brief rest period, high intensity workouts too. I lost 10 lbs in 6 weeks.

3) When I did my DNP cycle last year. I was diaphoretic constantly for 12 days. Lost 7 lbs.

4) Now, I've been on NYC for 3 days, and every morning when I do cardio, my shorts are so drenched through with sweat that it seems like I jumped into a pool with them. VISIBLE fat loss in these 3 days.

There you have it folks. Cuts' key to fat loss... sweat.

Re: Sweating = Fat Loss

Sweat is your bodies mechanism for cooling you down (at least one of them).....it is not directly involved in fat loss. What the four situations that you mentioned have in common is burning calories either through exercise or through increasing your metabolism (DNP)......the sweat is a consequence of either hard work or your body complaining because the DNP is causing your body temp to rise.

Originally posted by Cuts
    Sounds simple and stupid but it's true. Here's proof (at least for me)...

The 4 times in my life when I've lost fat at a CRAZY pace:

1) When I did 3 months of boot camp... from dawn till dusk we constantly did PT and I was ALWAYS sweating. Lost 25 lbs.

2) When I did BFL a couple years ago. I would sweat like a pig every morning I did that 20-minute Aerobic Solution cardio workout, and the other days when I'd do the brief rest period, high intensity workouts too. I lost 10 lbs in 6 weeks.

3) When I did my DNP cycle last year. I was diaphoretic constantly for 12 days. Lost 7 lbs.

4) Now, I've been on NYC for 3 days, and every morning when I do cardio, my shorts are so drenched through with sweat that it seems like I jumped into a pool with them. VISIBLE fat loss in these 3 days.

There you have it folks. Cuts' key to fat loss... sweat.

Getting hyphy w/ a shawty on the dance floor
    I just see sweat as a good sign for fatloss.

you lose a lot of water as well.

Good Bro
    There is a fat guy in my office who sits at his air conditioned desk all day and sweats. He must be losing fat like crazy all day long!

I don't think sweat and fat loss are related. Sweat is just fluid loss which is replaced and soon as you rehydrate yourself.

The reason you lost fat was that the exercise you were doing at boot camp was burning calories, not through losing sweat.

Good Broly

Smile

if sweating = fat loss ..... what about sauna ?

Pro Bodybuilder
    ditto to what Imnotdutch stated...sweating is not a direct reflection of increased metabolic rate.

All Natural
    when you are sweating from working hard, you are burning calories. that is how it helps fat loss.

Back in HS wrestiling i dropped lots of water weight by sweating, one time 9 pounds in one day. It is just water. After i rehydrated i bounced right back in weight, and bodyfat was the same.

Cuts
    O.k. boys, I didn't want to do it, but you leave me no other choice but to pull out THE BIOCHEMISTRY BIG GUNS. It's late and I don't feel like sifting through my THICK Biochem textbook, but let me just summarize from memory the following:

The reaction involved in "fat loss" at the biochemical level is the breakdown of the Triacylglyecrol molecule to it's component glycerol + 3 fatty acids. These in turn are used to produce ATP energy through other reactions. All of these reactions release H20 molecules as intermediaries. The accumulation of these is what we perseve as sweat.

My point? For significant fat loss at a fast rate, one must sweat... the more, the better. later