Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Superband LAT ROW, Row with bands READ

CytoMel

Hi I would like to know people's opinions about this:
I started doing hammer strength lat rows with bands. This is the basic hammer-strength lat row machine found in most commercial gyms. I started wrapping an AVG band around my back during the rows.
I was able to really start SMOKING big weights, HUGE DIFFERENCE! I could easily get several powerful reps with the same weight with the band, as you perhaps could assume. Of course a few jokers asked me about the bands after I was done. Three weeks ago I couldnt load up 6 wheels a side w/o the band. Yesterday I worked up to triples with the band and I took the band off and HIT 6 WHEELS EASILY!-the same weight that I could hardly budge three weeks ago.

What do you think of this? (In basic terminology-my guess is that the bands are Really giving my lats the overload with heavier weight and the muscles just had to get stronger It's good this happened b/c I really used to suck at rows and hated rowing untill this-CottonTNT TNT-TerrificNewTechnique

dd-I wrapped the band around my back and each end of the band was gripped in my hands (like the westsiders grip the bands to do triceps ex). So I had the bands wrapped in my hand and then I grabbed onto the bar for the rows.-TNTCotton

Sounds like the bands were tight at the furthest point from your chest and loose at your chest. This would lighten the load at the bottom i guess and the weight would get heavier at the chest where you are really working you lats. Basically it is like a reverse band press and helps you generate more speed out of the bottom so you can overcome the heavier weight at the top. If i'm wrong somebody correct me but thats what i picture. anyway nice work on the 6 wheels.

Fort Laduredale, FL- I guess that the bands on the hammer row was kind of like a reverse band press although you get a BIG carryover with a avg band with the hammer row. My guess is that a user could do 30% or more with the tension also tackiling multiple row rep sets (by the way I trained multiple sets with no failure, a set every few mins and heavy). The band tension is really strong out of the entire movement and you really gotta secure the hands tight with the bands.

I would like some other people to experiment with this. Please write more feedback if you can-I THINK THAT I HAVE REALLY DISCOVERED SOMETHING SENSATIONAL!! If your lat training has gotten stale-what have you got to lose?? Try it if you have the machismo!!!-TnTcotton

Cyto,
I'm in Lake Worth. Let me know if you would be intersted in coming up and training. I have about 10 guys who train in my garage. I'm looking for people who want to total ELITE. Let me know if you are interested and I'll get my email to you.

so all your talking about doing is gripping one end of the band in each hand and then wrapping it around your back.......

right?

let me know....... i will give them a shot.

X

Top Bottom