Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Super Curls

Dave949

In my never ending quest to shake up my workouts from time to time and keep my workouts interesting and who knows maybe even grow a little, I came up with the idea of doing standing barbell super curls. Same concept as super squats, curling with a weight that I can get only 10 reps but not racking the bar until I force out 20 no matter how long it takes. Sure the last 5 - 7 reps will have some cheat and momentum behind them but overload is the idea. Will do one set every 4th or 5th day. I started with a weight I knew I could handle and upping the poundage 5 lbs. every session. Did 80 lbs. today. The last 4 reps were a little tough and had to cheat a lil to get em up. By the time I get to 100 plus lbs. It will get tough for me and I will see what I am made of.....

Pump on .....

Last edited:
InTraining said:
This is a good idea...almost like a r\p set ala DC
Thanks :) Yeah..... I felt the same way..... very close to rest/pause but it is actually a step or so more intense because you never put the bar down. Just standing there with my arms hanging straight down taking in some deep breaths in between the 17/18/19 reps my bi`s were burning and in pain just from holding the bar. I will probably do em for about 6 weeks or so.

Pump on .....

sounds good - i throw in heavy singles on bb curl every once in a while to mix things up at the end of my workouts.

Sounds good brother!! I did something similiar today with barbell curls. I did twenty-ones with 135lbs for 3 sets. I think Ill try upping it 5lbs a week. Keep KILLING that shit!!

WalkingBeast said:
I did twenty-ones with 135lbs for 3 sets.
You have strong arms Beast. Doing 21`s using 135 is impressive to me. 21`s are tough cookies. My arm strength has always been lackluster if not downright suckass but that never has kept me from trying. If I could ever do 3 strict reps with 135 I would be so thrilled I think I would poop my sweats :)

Pump on .....

Dave949 said:
You have strong arms Beast. Doing 21`s using 135 is impressive to me. 21`s are tough cookies. My arm strength has always been lackluster if not downright suckass but that never has kept me from trying. If I could ever do 3 strict reps with 135 I would be so thrilled I think I would poop my sweats :)

Pump on .....

ThanX brother!! Your legs really stand out in the avatar. Fucking thick! I have alot of work to do on mine. Looking real solid overall! :FRlol: :FRlol: Thats alot of excitement!! I think Ill poop myself when I hit 405 clean on the benches. If you hadnt brought it up, I wouldnt have really considered the option. ThanX!! Keep KILLING that shit!!

ya 21s rock

also prison curls are good too

prison curls...get a partner who is about your size and strengh level

u do a curl then he does a curl

basically u try to match each persons curls... so u do 12 reps he has to match the 12 reps...good for a mixture once and while

so man A does all 12 then man B does all 12...

keep going to until someone quits or cannot do any more... but DONT CHEAT good form!

fun little competion

Top Bottom