Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

suffering really bad shin splints guys

Jove.nunes

for some reason shin splints are becoming a night mare and it chaging my work out and exercise routines, I had to slow down my every day cardio and also my squats can't be done with the same intensiveness, I went for a scan and everything seems to be ok so that stress me out even more , have you guys ever treated shin splints and how would you suggest me to tread them thank you.

Here is a really good thread where evolutionary.org board members give tips on reducing shin splints -> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/anabolic-steroids-peds/running-help-43115.html?highlight=shin+splints

The best suggestion I can give you is to try and run on either a track or in a field/on grass.

My cousins are on the Canadian Olympic rowing team and their training coach is adamant on running on grass specifically. He claims that running on concrete is one of the worst things you can do for your knees.

Also, make sure you are using proper foot wear. Don't cheap out when it comes to running shoes.

Another tip - try laying off the running for a few weeks and do non-invasive forms of cardio like the elliptical and rower instead. Your body might just need some time to recover.

Do you have an imbalance with your calves and tibialis? I have this issue because I have those genetically ridiculous huge calves. For me I have to directly train the tibialis and have to run at a slower pace.

Top Bottom