Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Substitute for chest dips

patro

Can anyone offer me a substitue for chest dips? In my small gym we don't have anything I can do dips on. There are no experts or regular lifters there I could ask this question to, either. Also, we have no barbells.

So what exercise could I do to take the place of chest dips, but still work the same muscles?

Thanks.

Man that sucks

Cant you find another gym? Youve really got your work cut out, especially with no barbells.

Mine was bad, but not that bad!!

I remember once I went there and there was this guy on the one and only bench doing flat bench adn he was taking like 10minute rests between each set, so I got so pissed I just left and went home, Ive got most things at home but no dips, so I just stuck two bikes together and used the crossbars!!!

No shit, it worked quite well actually!!

or you can use two chairs or something

goto another gym dude

A GYM without dumbells is like a woman without breasts.

------------------
-Work to live
-Live to Fish

OK check this out: The place where I live is a condo, and on the ground floor there's a gym. So after work I can go there really easily; it's in the same tower as my apartment.

It has one Nautilus machine, a big rack of dumbells, two treadmills, a rowing machine, an bike, a stairmaster....and one adjustable (incline or flat) bench.

But no dips stand, pullup bar, or barbells.

I attribute my high level of motivation and tendency to start working out and going to the gym to the conveinence of my gym (location). The nearest one is about 30 min away and damn expensive.

So rather than changing gyms, I would like to figure out how to improvise. Maybe I can do dips between the treadmills or something......

------------------
EVERYBODY HAS THEIR OWN AGENDA

Sorry, Correction below...

A GYM without Barbells is like a woman without breasts.

Personally, In your situation,I'd bite the bullet and buy a couple of good bar/plate sets. Or put up a sign asking for other's to donate to the cause. Dude, without bar's it's OK but not the same especially when you want to load up.

------------------
-Work to live
-Live to Fish

TOMCAT-

Great idea. I'll get a bar and some weights and -- better yet, I'll get the damn management to hook the gym up properly with some bars and weights!

------------------
EVERYBODY HAS THEIR OWN AGENDA

Top Bottom