Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stupid heavy Dumbell Presses as an ME Bench Exercise?

IBench900

Since I fly solo most of the time, I have decided to rotate in very slight Incline Dumbbell presses with stupid heavy Dumbbells as an ME exercise, basically following the Westside premise as with any ME exercise.

Any arguments for or against?

If against would heavy flat dumb presses be better than incline ?

Or should I just ditch them all together.

Just looking to hear what the consensus is on this.

Thanks,
Kobe

just started heavy flat db's last week. they will prolly get alt in every two or three weeks now. Also i go for a 3 rep max too

neutral grip Db presses are a good conditioning exercise ( active recovery) and great for some stability , but I don't see them as being very effective in a low rep scheme to really help your BP.

If i was going to be avoiding the straight bar for some reason i would probably choose one of the tricep extension variations with dumbells in place of a regular max effort movement ( tate presses, lying extensions,etc. )

JM presses in the rack with the pin in place are a pretty safe and effective for the solo trainer.

Guys, what is your dumbell weight compared to your flat bench weight?

im not sure, i only have dumbells up to 120 so i cant go really heavy on them. but i love doing dumbell stuff, i just keep the reps around 10 or higher.

Well to lend more details.

My gym does not have a power rack and I mostly train alone, no pins to save me.

The dumbs in my gym go up to 200 lbs. and like Devastation and Lion I go to a 3 rep max. I am under the impression it will build some raw power, I mean if you break it down to the bear essentials it is a heavy pressing movement but I value all opinions.

I'm going to rotate it in every 3 weeks and evaluate its usefulness.

Thanks again,

Kobe

i like the idea of heavy DB presses, and they do build some raw power, they have helped my raw bench alot

Top Bottom