Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

struggling braking plateau on bench press

Grogeryfilms

I have been working out hard for 16 months and I focus a lot on strength , I have done some good progress on my bench and I have been at 290 for the last three months my goal is 320-350 and I can get further than that , I Would like to hear some tips on plateau's on the bench press. I currently do 6 sets of 10 reps , do you think I should do more than that? or may be change my diet or take any extra supplements besides creatine, protein and multi v, thanks.

Dynamic Periodization for Strength. Google that, there is so much to learn about gaining strength.

There is no simple or single answer to your question.

When I hit a plateau I try to switch things up. I would experiment with different rep ranges and exercises other than what you have been doing. Even a deload week can really help sometimes. Look at your pre workout meal too and make sure you have enough of the proper nutrition there.

Whenever you hit a plateau - you need to mix things up.

Your body responds to adaptation. Keep doing the same thing over and over and your body doesn't need to adapt because it's used to what you're doing.

You hit a plateau so you need to mix things up and try a new workout program.

I recommend the Bill Starr 5x5 workout program -> https://www.elitefitness.com/forum/...ow2-(thanx)-so-here-is!-k-up-now!-375215.html
It's one of the most effective programs for building muscle size and strength. I am certain it will help you get past your plateau!

Top Bottom