Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Structured workout plan

stanwalsh

[FONT=&quot]So I'm trying to make a structured workout plan, my goal is basically to improve strength and I've been looking into the HIT way of doing things, I would like to try this out. My problem is I'm not quite sure how many reps or sets I should be doing in this type of workout - one source I find states 4-6 reps 3 sets the other 8-12.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I do have one more question involving compound and isolate exercises, would it be best to have a mixture or more compounds? Any thoughts on these 2 things would be a great help.[/FONT]

this sounds like crossfit style of weight training where it is timed

i really don't like this at all and i can assure you it is a great way to injure yourself. the main problem is you are rushing your sets and reps. the purpose of weight training is to break down the muscle fibers right? you don't accomplish that efficiently when you swing wights around like a gorilla in a rush.

i mean doing this once in a while is fine, but don't make a habit of weight training this way

Personally for me I get great strength gain for the 5x5 program. I feel like my numbers go up really quickly when I follow this routine.

I prefer programs that are more explicitly geared towards strength. The 8 to 12 rep suggestion seems good for hypertrophy though.

[FONT=&quot]So I'm trying to make a structured workout plan, my goal is basically to improve strength and I've been looking into the HIT way of doing things, I would like to try this out. My problem is I'm not quite sure how many reps or sets I should be doing in this type of workout - one source I find states 4-6 reps 3 sets the other 8-12.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I do have one more question involving compound and isolate exercises, would it be best to have a mixture or more compounds? Any thoughts on these 2 things would be a great help.[/FONT]
Look into 5x5 or 5/3/1

Top Bottom