Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

strongman workout plan

OreoPL

well i plan to start my strongman training on sunday. what do u think of this training plan. i want to keep my westide routine i have now i still want to powerlift. i plan to have ME sunday lower but only do the ME move then train events on tuesday do ME upper like normal, thursday DE lower like normal, and Saturday DE upper like normal. do you think i need to train events more. or drop anything. any advice would help greatly. :)

EASY to overtrain with Strongman.

Here is my basic routine:

Sunday: ME lower exercise, maybe another or two LIGHT and EASY exercises...3-5 events.

Monday: ME upper (overhead day, not just for 1RM)

Wednesday: DE lower

Thursday: DE upper

B True

i think you'd do better off without a ME upper. maybe do some lockout work for your presses but i'm sure something better could fit in there (viking press, log, etc..something upper body-wise)

yeah sounds like plan but my bench is week i can only bench 190 as of 3 weeks ago. i really hate it. i can squat over 350 and deadlift over 400 so taht low bench just makes me feel weak. its important to me to raise it. that is why i wanted to keep the DE upper. and B your routine is where i got my idea i liked the way yours was set up so i tried to work off of it.:fro:

OreoPL said:
yeah sounds like plan but my bench is week i can only bench 190 as of 3 weeks ago. i really hate it. i can squat over 350 and deadlift over 400 so taht low bench just makes me feel weak. its important to me to raise it. that is why i wanted to keep the DE upper. and B your routine is where i got my idea i liked the way yours was set up so i tried to work off of it.:fro:

Ok...your bench isn't where you want it...that is ok. Gives you room to progress. It isn't that low compared to the rest of your numbers though. Strongman requires a strong squat and deadlift A LOT more than it does a big press!!! Pressing is just one event...the other 4 in a contest are usually all leg and back strength (or grip).

Strongman requires a strong ohp...not a flat or incline press.

B True

I wouldnt sweat it too much...On a great day I could probably only bench 225 once.Dont let that stop your from training for strongman,or competing in it...if it holds your overheads back,just work on it,and it will come along.

i see what your saying. i have gained quick in my lower body i started deads in january at 185ish and squats around 185 to 6 months later i am near 400 in both if not over. but my bench started at 135ish and only made it to 190 in 6 monht so i find it lacking and i want to figure out why that is the only reason i want to work on it more. i dont want a weak link. i will add in more overhead work and see where i fall and change from pressing to overhead work but keep the acceoorsy and see where it takes. and thanks for the advice i had been ignorant on the overhead stuff. i was more worried about my lower body and posterior chain. anymore advice for a beginner? thanks for your advice i am sure it will help me alot.

This may be a stupid question. But what is an "ME" day and a "DE" day?

ME ME ME. All about ME.
Buncha damn narcisists on this board.

hellboy said:
This may be a stupid question. But what is an "ME" day and a "DE" day?

ME ME ME. All about ME.
Buncha damn narcisists on this board.

max effort day and dynamic effort day

me-- go to 1 rep max on 1st exercise, 3 rep on next, and few diff 3 sets of 10 or so

de--speed day, speed bench or box squats 10 sets of 2,,,,etc

Top Bottom