Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Strongman becomes more and more intriguing

D

Debaser

After reading more and more articles by Brooks Kubik and a few other authors, old school strength training just becomes more appealing by the minute. I ordered his dinosaur training book, and some of his principles sound pretty on-target.

Basically when it comes right down to it, I just want to be functionally strong. I know that with this will come bigger muscles, but I have no problem knowing it might take a bit longer to get them. This also goes along with my balanced routine (though I may adjust it) by paying huge attention to hand strength and strengthening certain muscles in the fight against injury.

Another thought occured to me while I was evaluating some of the lifters at my gym. Some of them are pretty strong, but I wondered what would happen if they got an apollon bar and tried to press it overhead. How many people in my gym could even keep hold of the bar, let alone a 3" thick bar?

Soon begins the quest to become incredibly strong all over, not just in a particular lift or bodypart.

...and it would be damn cool to be at a party, seeing someone crush an empty beer can on their head--and then grab a full, unopened can and crush it in your bare hand :)

Right on...I know you will get a kick out of a lot of the events, and you'll be amazed how hard some of the stuff is and how many weaknesses you have. Almost everything i have tried has humbled me quickly....lol-- those stones are not easy to pick up....bfold is just strong

It adds a lot to training and makes it more fun because you begin to do things for their intrinsic value; ( i want to pull this truck 100 feet as fast as i can because i can, as opposed to always lifting weight to make muscles grow).

Its alot of fun!!I always try to get people in the gym to try some of the stuff I do in the gym,to help with strongman,and Ive cought almost all of them using my farmers,or thick bar from time to time after I pushed them to try,just as an added challenge,and/or variation in their training.

yea ofwolfanman can sure meke those stones look easy. and i mean easy. its' a wonderful sport bc u get to see ppl push thier body past where they've ever thought possible and doing that it a really great feeling, knowing you have the heart to just push through that much pain and suck it up and go on.

its fun.......... but it taxes your heart and lungs as well as your mind, along with your muscles.

so be ready.

X

It's funny, right before an event I'm thinking, "it'll only be less than a minute..." - BUUUUUT it's the most grueling 40, 50 or 60-seconds.

Of course, you don't think about the grueling part. You try to block that out of your mind. :)

And afterwards, it's the most rewarding 40, 50, 60-seconds you ever spent.

Can't wait for the next one: June 28. Yeah, babeeeeee.

slinky said:
It's funny, right before an event I'm thinking, "it'll only be less than a minute..." - BUUUUUT it's the most grueling 40, 50 or 60-seconds.

Of course, you don't think about the grueling part. You try to block that out of your mind. :)

And afterwards, it's the most rewarding 40, 50, 60-seconds you ever spent.

Can't wait for the next one: June 28. Yeah, babeeeeee.

good luck, i'm sure you'll do well.

ofwolfandman has worked hard to improve at those stones as well king:) he has improved ALOT since december on them, i mean alot.
brian

Top Bottom