Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

stretching qestion, before/after or not at all?

PoyeBoy

I must admit lately I have not been stretching at all, I do for a little bit maybe afterwards but its only to stretch my quads, and it might not even be right after I run, maybe an hour or so afterwards when they start to hurt a bit, I know I should get into the routine of doing it, so I can get the lactic acid build up to go down, and my legs dont hurt the next day, but I just cant find the motivation to do it.

also I dont stretch beforehand either becaue I feel that if the muscles are too cold and you stretch, whats really the point, you may injure yourself, the best thing to do would to get a small warm up in and then stretch to make sure your muscle fibers and tendons are a little warm and ready to be stretched

fyi, this just pertains to easy runs mind you, not repeats, fartleks, or actual races, of course I make sure I am good and loose before all of those

what are your thoughts?

stretched for about 10 minutes after a 4.5mile run, stretched quads, hammies, and groin, we'll see how it goes tomorrow

Top Bottom