Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

STRETCHING.... just cuious

So pretty much what I said in an earlier post. Don't perform static stretches on a cold muscle (ie. before the exercise is performed) or it will cause a decrease in strength.

Instead perform the static stretches after exercise whent the muscle is warm. This, in my experience helps with recovery (and decreases DOMS) and increases flexibility.

Yeah, pretty much. Also, a cold muscle being stretched is more prone to being overstretched and injured since they aren't as flexible as warm ones.

Same goes for dynamic stretching before the primary exercise. You'd be stretching a cold muscle if you didn't do some kind of warmup first which could result in injury. It is best to do a little warm up then dynamic/ballistic stretching, then the primary exercise, then static stretching.

from the study:

"For many competitive athletes warming up completely prior to competition and stretching after competition or training may be more important. By stretching afterwards the athlete gains flexibility without compromising power and strength. "

So pretty much what I said in an earlier post. Don't perform static stretches on a cold muscle (ie. before the exercise is performed) or it will cause a decrease in strength.

Instead perform the static stretches after exercise whent the muscle is warm. This, in my experience helps with recovery (and decreases DOMS) and increases flexibility.

This is the only way I do it and was under the impression that its the ONLY way it was suppose to be done.

Top Bottom