Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stretching

meco24

Does anyone recommend a good video for stretching – primarily legs?

I can't seem to muster the discipline to stretch out at the gym. I usually find it easier to follow along in a class or a video for these types of things. My gym has no good stretching classes.

Yoga

Rather take up a yoga class, firstly is much more fun to do than simple stretching, you get stronger, and best of all it clears your mind - try it, im confident you'll love it

:bat:'Z girl

I posted this on www.anabolicfitness.net a while back.

Stretching before doing heavy exercises like squats can actually make you weaker.

How much flexibility do you want? You should be concerned with having flexiblity to do your sport or workout or just life functions. Gymnasts are flexible because their sport requires them to be. Doing the splits in my opinion is over rated.

I also feel that tendon strength is not enhanced by stretching. Stretching before can actually cause the connective tissue to become strained. Connective tissue grows with progressive weight training.

When doing lower body work, I pretty much use the weight of the bar to stretch. I stretch after training legs, but only for recovery. Just a side note, if you are doing quads, stretching your hams between sets will actually make your quads stronger.....and vice versa.

Lastly, you may have become more flexible already, but static stretching (Toe touches or splits) is different than dynamic stretches or stretching under weight.

Article

Curious George said:
I posted this on www.anabolicfitness.net a while back.

Stretching before doing heavy exercises like squats can actually make you weaker.

How much flexibility do you want? You should be concerned with having flexiblity to do your sport or workout or just life functions. Gymnasts are flexible because their sport requires them to be. Doing the splits in my opinion is over rated.

I also feel that tendon strength is not enhanced by stretching. Stretching before can actually cause the connective tissue to become strained. Connective tissue grows with progressive weight training.

When doing lower body work, I pretty much use the weight of the bar to stretch. I stretch after training legs, but only for recovery. Just a side note, if you are doing quads, stretching your hams between sets will actually make your quads stronger.....and vice versa.

Lastly, you may have become more flexible already, but static stretching (Toe touches or splits) is different than dynamic stretches or stretching under weight.

Just read this, im starting my own South African fitness site and lookign for some quality content from a selected bunch of ppl. Would you be interested in sort of re-wriing this (more reaserch) for my site?

Thanks

:bat:Z Girl

Re: Yoga

BatZgirl said:
Rather take up a yoga class, firstly is much more fun to do than simple stretching, you get stronger, and best of all it clears your mind - try it, im confident you'll love it

:bat:'Z girl

I took a yoga class last night after kickboxing...loved it! It is hard for me to justify in my mind, taking the 1 hour required out of my usual routine, but I am very glad I did. My legs in particular were very tight and desperately needed the stretching! I'm thinking this may be a new addition to my program.

And for a bonus, they actually let you lay on the floor for 5 minutes...doing nothing! :nighty: :D

Re: Re: Yoga

Nonerz said:

I took a yoga class last night after kickboxing...loved it! It is hard for me to justify in my mind, taking the 1 hour required out of my usual routine, but I am very glad I did. My legs in particular were very tight and desperately needed the stretching! I'm thinking this may be a new addition to my program.

And for a bonus, they actually let you lay on the floor for 5 minutes...doing nothing! :nighty: :D

Thats the best part, lying on the floor doing nothing ehhehe :):D ;)

Top Bottom