x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabs.rudomestic-supply.com

Stretching ?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Stretching ? within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: i have always neglected stretching. i never felt it was neccessary but till recently i heard it is essential. with that said i don't really know anything about proper stretching and was wondering where everyone else picked up their stretching routines from. i looked it up on elite and the web and came up with nothing that really helped me. thanks

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Thread: Stretching ?

Question

i have always neglected stretching. i never felt it was neccessary but till recently i heard it is essential. with that said i don't really know anything about proper stretching and was wondering where everyone else picked up their stretching routines from. i looked it up on elite and the web and came up with nothing that really helped me. thanks

I love to stretch. I like to spend about 20 minutes before I leave my house for the gym stretching...just taking my time, thinking about what I'm gonna do that workout, getting mentally prepped, etc. It's good for the joints and warms the muscles, get the blood pumping a little.

I stretch just about everything...starting at my neck and finishing at my calves.

Ian King writes alot about it. I think he goes a little overboard though. But still he makes a good argument for it. Check out t-mag for some of his articles. Its helped me tremendously. Whenever I did legs the only thing that seemed to get a workout was my ass. it showed in my leg development. Through research I found out my problem was extremely tight piriformis and adductors(glutes basically). Since they were so tight and facilitated they fired (contracted) before anything else. Once I corrected the problem through some serious stretching, I've never had better leg workouts and development.

Good Broly
    I like to do 10 min on the treadmill at a fast walk to warm up the muscles and joints and then do streching. Also I will strech before and after working each bodypart. On leg days I sometimes strech between every set. I don't spend a lot of time doing this, just a few simple streches.

Stretching is good for a few things. somedays it feels like you are squeezing out a sponge filled with lactic acid....just think if you left that in your muscle how unproductive your work out would be...(dont know if that is scientifically correct....but if i dont stretch the lactic acid burn comes alot quicker)

The thing i discovered with my body is that my hamstrings are unusually tight.
    Ever since ive been stretching them my lowerback pain has dissapeared.

As freak show said check out testosterone.net

they have a few good articles.........on everything

thanks for the info guys, for anyone interested in one of the articles on stretching here it is

http://www.testosterone.net/html/body_89lazy.html

i never really stretched till the muscle was unbearablly tight. i guess i have to look more into it