Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stretching !!!

Maverick

Anybody know of any good stretching websites that gives you examples and a program for stretching ?

how long is long enough to spend on each bodypart ? 30 seconds or more ?

I seem to be getting little annoying injuries all of a sudden (pulled groin or hip) maybe from lack of stretching and proper warm up ?

can somebody help me with a good warm up and stretching routine

Karma for all who help

Never mind pains while your excersising, lately I'm so fucking tight I pull my muscles going down the stairs or reaching for my dick.

Stretching has helped.

I usually stretch for 60 each stretch. Start with a mild "pull" in the stretch, as it warms, pull tighter until 60 secs is over. Method is about the same when I jerk off too.

Are you warming up with a light enough weight? Make sure you use an exagerated range of movement. Only stretch when the muscle is warm, so perform your warmup set... then stretch out, not before.

When you get DOMS... stretching the muscle helps alot

when you stretch, be sure you dont feel burning or sharp pain. that is too far and you can tear muscles. cold muscles tear easy from being inflexable. warm muscles tear easy because some fibers are more flexable than others. just be careful in other words.

when i stretch my legs for example, i warm up with 5 to 10 minutes of walking briskly/ jogging, and then i stretch out for 10 minutes minimum. each stretch should be held for at least 2 minutes. it takes 30 seconds for the muscle to even start relaxing- if you are new to stretching it could take as long as a few minutes. the longer you stretch, and the more frequent, the better results you will get. after a couple of months your stretching will be quicker, as the muscle remembers what to do.

my legs are tighter than my upper body, so i have to spend longer on those. my upper body just needs to be warm before i excercise, im flexible naturally so the exercise is stretch enough.

Don't stretch a cold muscle
-Don't stretch when you first wakeup
-Don't stretch when you are about to go to bed

Ideally stretch when the muscle is nice and warmed up. I prefer doing all my leg stretches after I do all my lifts on squats and hamstring day.

Agree with all who have said to never stretch a cold muscle.

Are you talking about stretching before you do weights? Why? It can actually hinder your strength. Make sure to stretch AFTER you train instead of before. It can help DOMS and will help recovery. Stretching before in my opinion is a waste of time. Use light weight on the bar to stretch you out. Gradually warm up with light weights until warm. You only need to be as flexible as what you do in everyday life.

mikeyboy604 said:
Anybody know of any good stretching websites that gives you examples and a program for stretching ?

how long is long enough to spend on each bodypart ? 30 seconds or more ?

I seem to be getting little annoying injuries all of a sudden (pulled groin or hip) maybe from lack of stretching and proper warm up ?

can somebody help me with a good warm up and stretching routine

Karma for all who help

At 36 with back problems I probably feel a little stiffer than most before a workout and need to stretch before beginning any routine. I first walk the treadmill for 10 minutes at a high incline to warm up a bit and get the blood moving before I stretch. Then I stretch "everything" using a Swiss Ball (Physio Ball) starting with legs & groin then on to arms, shoulders & chest. Then I will bridge over the Ball for both stretching out my abs and back. Can't say enough good things about using a Swiss Ball for stretching and core work. I'm sure ya could do a search on using a Swiss Ball if yer looking for a good website with stretching routines.

i have to stretch my hamms out before any leg work- they are very inflexible from years of biking and no stretching.

stretching will actually weaken a muscle temporarily. when the muscle is longer it has to contract more just to get to the same point, or it has a longer range of motion to deal with causing more work to be done. if you work out while you are stretched, you will cause your muscles to get even stronger, since they are working during a temporary mechanical disadvantage.

Top Bottom