Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

stretch before lifting

toomoobee

How important is it to stretch before and after a big lifting session ? My buddy says its not good cause it makes the muscles long instead of short.

THere are a few opinions on this; for me personally I will use bands & an abs pipe to loosen up before training

How important is it to stretch before and after a big lifting session ? My buddy says its not good cause it makes the muscles long instead of short.

Ask him what that actually means.

Dynamic stretches are okay before workout session but I would avoid any type of static stretching because it can tire out the muscles and possibly weaken your performance to some degree.

I believe in warm up sets before lifting, and stretching after training. Doing those will help prevent injury, increase blood flow to the muscles. Stretch the fascia after resistance training, and improve recovery

Before lifting you want to do dynamic stretching.

After lifting you want to do static stretching

I always stretch really good after training for around 15 minutes. More than just a physical thing, it is a time for me to mentally reflect on the training session I just crushed.

Top Bottom