Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stressing muscles, is it good?

jorgob199

Okay so some background information first. I'm 18 years old and have been working out for 2 years and I go to them gym on average 5 times a week. Two times a week during the last month I have tried out to only workout one muscle at the time and even if I consider myself to know quite a lot about working out I'm not to sure if this is good for my body and if it can cause any damage. So for example if I were doing this type of workout for my triceps I would do 10*3 sets of weighted dips, 10*3 reps of triceps pushdowns and 10*3 sets of triceps overhead extension with a dumbbell. I then repeat this workout 3 times so it could look like this. Weighted dips, Triceps pushdowns, triceps overhead extension, weighted dips, triceps pushdown and so on until I have had a total of 9 sets for each type of exercise. I often have to lower the weights as I progress as it gets impossible to keep lifting the same amount of weight. I'm wondering if this is good or just a stupid idea I came up with, if it is I will just go back to my normal workout. Keep in mind that I only pressure each muscle this hard once each month. Also I'm sorry about my grammar and my spelling, english is not my native language. Anyways I would be thankfull for all the help I could get!

Skickat från min FRD-L19 via Tapatalk

If I understand what you've said you do three tri or giant sets. There's very little or new in training so someone has come up with the same idea you've hard back when the first man lifted a weight.

All that said I think you might be doing a little too much for an 18 year old if you did it all the time. But if, as you say, it's once a month it'll be fine.

If I understand what you've said you do three tri or giant sets. There's very little or new in training so someone has come up with the same idea you've hard back when the first man lifted a weight.

All that said I think you might be doing a little too much for an 18 year old if you did it all the time. But if, as you say, it's once a month it'll be fine.
Well once a month for each muscle! But thanks I was just wondering if I was hurting my body by doing this!

You can do this one-muscle training once in a while, like once or twice per month, but you would be overstressing the muscles in my opinion if you hit them that hard. Besides, you are just 18 years old, so everything is yet to come for you. Better focus on form and quality - this will do much more than just volume, and there will be less chances of getting an injury.

Well it is not the same all the time but for example yesterday I did chest, abs and triceps 10*3*3 so a total of 9 sets for each muscle

It's the upper limit of the work load I'd do but are you progressing?

It's the upper limit of the work load I'd do but are you progressing?
I am progressing a lot, just over the summer I gained about a 2 kg but I still have the same fat percentage and (sadly) I am not getting any taller so an increase in hight has nothing to do with it

You can do this one-muscle training once in a while, like once or twice per month, but you would be overstressing the muscles in my opinion if you hit them that hard. Besides, you are just 18 years old, so everything is yet to come for you. Better focus on form and quality - this will do much more than just volume, and there will be less chances of getting an injury.
Well I do it max once every month for each muscle, takes a while to do every single one and I do "normal" workouts to in between

Top Bottom