Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Strengthmonster's heavy calf training pic

strengthmonster

Went heavy tonight and took this photo. 300 full stack + a 20kg plate pinned on the side + three people weighing from left to right 15st, 16 1/2st and 15st = pure pain. Well over 1000lb. The guy on the left insisted on standing as far back as possible to make it harder - bastard. I got 3-4 slow, controlled reps.
895.jpg

for me i could do a 1/4 of that weight with FULL strict form and get more from it than having guys stand on the machine...

but thats just me;)

Hey don't get me wrong, it was the heaviest weight I have lifted on anything I think. My quads felt it as soon as I locked them out as I trained them only yesterday and wow did it hurt.

I totally agree with what you are saying about training lighter with strict form which is why I alternate heavy days with light days. My calves are fairly strong although they arn't my best looking bodypart as can be seen on my other pics here so I've started hitting them 3 days a week now; Mon, Wed and Fri. It seems to be working as they are growing and my strength is gaining - only 3 months left until my comp now though so I've still got plenty of hard work to put in.

As you can imagine I went a little heavier than usual for the photo but it was a working set. My heavy day is normally 1st set the stack for 15 reps, 2nd +20kg plate for about 12, 3rd with my partner on top - usually get about 8. Then I'll do 3 sets of seated or donkeys/leg press working at 5-8 reps failure. Reps are always full - all the way down slowly, pause and drive all the way up as far as I can go. I really believe in the mind-muscle connection and focus all my energy into the part I am working. Then as I mentioned I also do a light day where I do it all at 8-20 reps and sometimes use drop sets etc. I like to to this in calves as you get the benefiet of hitting both slow and fast twitch fibres more effectively.

Top Bottom