Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Strength Training vs Endurance Training: A Median?

Elementality

The title of this post is my question. Given these definitions, Im curious about a median: Strength training being 1 - 5 reps with weight loaded at 80 - 100 % of 1 RM. Endurance training being 25 - 60 reps with weight loaded at 40 - 60 % of 1 RM. I have been doing the pure strength training lately, and i will continue to do it for a little longer to build on more strength, but, for the sports im involved with, I dont want to put on too much mass and weight that will slow me down.

Anaerobic explosive strength is still important for me, but not as much as muscle endurance and recovery during activity.

Is it possible to train in a median between anaerobic and aerobic using core lifts like deads, rows, squats, bench? If so, how many sets/reps should i be doing and with what breakdown (weight load) of % increase of 1 RM per set?

Should my approach utilize more assistance workouts and isolation workouts that focus on one muscle group? Or are compound lifts the way to go?

Currently, I do a lot of cardio. Over the past year Ive added a lot of mass/str and I put on mass very easily as my body type is mainly leaned towards mesomorph. My BF % is low, and Im looking to just cut up, maintain strength with slow gains, but mainly just build up muscle endurance. What I am afraid of is doing TOO MANY REPS with low weight and losing strength.

Any input would be great thanks in advance!

Top Bottom