Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

strength gaining

CoffeeClub67

[FONT=&quot]I've been going to the gym for 1 month and I want to focus more on strength rather than building muscle (I know building muscle builds strength too but I want to focus on strength a little more)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Today I did:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Deadlift with 35lbs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Farmer's Walk with 90lbs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Goblet Squat with 45lbs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I am interested in hearing:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- What other exercises I should do[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- What are some good numbers and what I should aim toward[/FONT]

You should check out programs geared towards strength training specifically then like nSuns. I'm into power lifting and have had great progress with them.

look at the sticky above and read the 5X5 thread.

since you are very new to weight training I love the idea of sticking to compound lifts the first few years of training. you shouldn't even be curling or doing any sort of isolation lifting yet. stick to the big lifts only BUT LEARN CORRECT FORM FIRST AND FOREMOST. unfortunately you might not always learn from watching other people do it wrong or youtube. i was lucky when i was young to learn from a very knowledgeable high school coach. most personal trainers in the gym have no clue

I've been going to the gym for 1 month and I want to focus more on strength rather than building muscle (I know building muscle builds strength too but I want to focus on strength a little more)

Today I did:

Deadlift with 35lbs
Farmer's Walk with 90lbs
Goblet Squat with 45lbs

I am interested in hearing:
- What other exercises I should do
- What are some good numbers and what I should aim toward

Is that correct? That's about 2 bags of shopping.

Top Bottom