Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stomach - Weight Loss - Suggesstions

Hoosier1

I tend to carry my weight in my stomach and hips. My upper body is lean but I always have a hard time toning up my midsection. I am interested in your thoughts on how best to tone my love handles and stomach while not losing muscle mass on my upperbody.

At 29, it should be easy for me to lose the weight.

5'11 168lbs

I tend to carry my weight in my stomach and hips. My upper body is lean but I always have a hard time toning up my midsection. I am interested in your thoughts on how best to tone my love handles and stomach while not losing muscle mass on my upperbody.

At 29, it should be easy for me to lose the weight.

5'11 168lbs

You cant target fat loss. If you do a 1000 sit ups a day its not going to burn anymore fat off of your stomach then it will the rest of your body. Sounds like you just need to get your diet in check. Lots of threads around here to pick up some good diet info.

You cant target fat loss. If you do a 1000 sit ups a day its not going to burn anymore fat off of your stomach then it will the rest of your body. Sounds like you just need to get your diet in check. Lots of threads around here to pick up some good diet info.

Absolutely correct.

There are a number of things to think about, including what you're eating, and how much. Hormone balance has everything to do with it too. If you have a problem there, nothing you do will lose the fat! You can actually consume lean muscle while still storing fat, if the hormones aren't working right. That was my case.

As far as step 1; take a CAREFUL look at what you eat, and WHEN you eat it. It's probably a bad idea to make any sudden changes, as that can stimulate the body to store MORE fat on an emergency basis. Figure a way to taper off the fat content of the diet, and increase the fiber and protein, and drink LOTS AND LOTS of water. No soda, especially no diet soda. That has chemicals which cause weight gain. (I know somebody's going to call me out on that, but I have done my reading, and I'm 44 years old with 5% body fat, so I think that means I did something right). I stay away from frozen meals, and from some fast-food. If I eat fast food, I go where they open-grill hamburgers, and I have one with no garbage on it (no mayonnaise, no cheese, no bacon, etc.). Some people are shocked when they find out that a plain hamburger with only mustard and/or ketchup and whatever veggies, has WAY WAY less fat than a small salad with dressing! And it has meat protein, which we need.

For me, the best plan is to eat my biggest meal as breakfast, and smaller lunch, and smallest dinner. No eating for at least 3 hours before bed time. That's hard, but it works. And also NO meal-skipping. In fact, eat 5 meals a day in stead of 3. That way, your body is made to see that you are not going to starve, and are not going to need a big fat reserve. People who crash-diet and skip meals, nearly always wind up fatter after a year than before they started.

Bottom line is that if you do not have a hormone imbalance, and you use common sense and do a little reading and understanding, you WILL get exactly where you want to be. Guaranteed. If you do have hormone levels out of whack, that needs to be corrected first. It's not the cheapest thing, but if you think you're off, see a hormone replacement therapy doctor or an endocrinologist for a workup.

Charles

Look into intermittent fasting and look up Martin Berkhan and leangains. Great website, good diet, best part is he backs up everything with science and studies. Does a good job to debunk a lot of dieting myths, namely that you have to eat 5-6 meals a day.

Top Bottom