Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Still confused on doing 5 x 5 workouts

Sig8i8

okay so I just read the sticky and I read other threads about the 5 x 5 workout and I'm still confused on how to do this. can someone assist me with how many reps I’m supposed to do and how many sets I'm supposed to do and what types of routine I'm supposed to do on this. is it 5 reps and 5 sets per exercise?

yes 5 reps and 5 sets generally but it doesn't have to be exactly that and you don't have to follow the exact compound lifts.

you can use a variation. the objective is to build a strong base as a new lifter. thing it is a great program the first few years of lifting

5 reps 5 sets for each body part
so you do like 5 sets 5 reps maybe 70% max for chest back arms and so on
legs try to go 3-4 rep range

okay so I just read the sticky and I read other threads about the 5 x 5 workout and I'm still confused on how to do this. can someone assist me with how many reps I’m supposed to do and how many sets I'm supposed to do and what types of routine I'm supposed to do on this. is it 5 reps and 5 sets per exercise?

Of course. What else could it be?

I’ll use squats as an example here because in the standard 3 day a week 5x5 approach you squat every day. Start with the olympic bar empty and do 5 sets of 5 with 45 seconds between sets. At 5 pounds on each side every time day you do the exercise. It doesn’t take long before you get into challenging weights and you can start to lengthen time between sets as needed. I made good advances but it was hard only going to the gym three times a week. About a month in one of the other gym rats told me that when they saw me doing such light weight they thought I was ill.

Leave your ego at the door...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom