Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stiff-legged Dead-lift Question...

vtec96

ok..I know there are several ways to do this lift but Im not sure exactly which body part they work....

I used to do heavy SLDL a while back while from the floor and the weight would almost touch the floor ea rep. At this time I felt the soreness ONLY IN MY BACK!!!! Never in my hamstrings!!!!

Recently I did them with very light weight, my back arched, and feeling the STRETCH in my hamstrings while slowly lowering the weight just to about knee level or a little below. My ham's were sore for two days!!! When I do these i ALWAYS feel my hamstrings working!!!! The weight will no way touch the floor with my back straight.

I have heard people here talk about doing sldl off of blocks.... that's great but that must be with a "round- back", right?

For me it seems like this works your back mostly and NOT your hammies? Do these 2 diff forms work different parts... Straight back works hammies more and round back works your back?

Just not sure.. Thanks for the help bro's.....:(

Actually when we did them off blocks are backs were as arched as we could keep them. They didnt round too much. But are point was to really hit both hams and low back. Are knees just had a little break in them for the most part they were straight as we couod keep them. Do what feels better but go as low as you can go with out losing your original form. If you need your back arched go to were you feel your back kicking in and stop. Focus on strainght leg and feeling it in your hams.

Thanks powerlifterjay .....

But if I go all the way down close to the floor I would think my back would "have" to be round. If I try to touch my toes w/o weights, my back will almost definately round?? Maybe i need to have my back more flexible?
Also, I now keep my knees Completely locked out and straight... by doing it this way I can REALLY feel the weight in my ham's....

Also, would you receommend SLDL as assistance after DL day or SQ day for extra hamstring work...

Thanks for any suggestions ... :fro:

Thats whay i said go as low as you can till you start to round then come up. Keep a ever so slight bend you will still feel it. But you wont hurt your self.

assistance depending on how heavy you go but i would say after squats. But if they were done for reps (higher do then dead day). But opipons may very on that one , i do them now instead of deadlifts.

Ok, I think I got the picture as far as how low to go now :D

I do them now after SQ, so I will continue to do so.... Would 8-10 be good or should I go heavier?

Be careful when doing this exercise because form is crucial.About two years ago i hurt my back pretty bad
when doing these,couldnt get out fo bed for a week.
Still aint the same.

When doing an RDL, the legs start out with more of a bend, and they straighten first. The bar should be lowered to deck in between each rep. When performing the SLDL, the legs should be kept very close to straight, without locking the knees, and tension should be maintained on the hamstrings throughout the entire movement.

When performing the SLDL, the legs should be kept very close to straight, without locking the knees, and tension should be maintained on the hamstrings throughout the entire movement.
Arioch : When I do them with my legs locked out, thats when I can feel the stretch in my hamstrings....If I bend them just a little, I dont feel them as much? Should I be doing them always my legs a little bent?

Top Bottom