Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

steve weatherford armageddon wok out

andybrown

I have been struggling for a year and half to increase my arms size, chest legs and back are on point but for some reason my arms are going nowhere, I'm planning to run this work out routine from steve weatherford, what's your opinion on this training program guys? thanks.

It's a lot of exercises (5 for biceps and for triceps) and a lot more volume than I'd do. I'll deal with that shortly. Here's the thing: if your volume is low and you switch to high then it'll hit your body hard and elicit some response. It's an old coaching trick. Literally doing the opposite of whatever you're currently doing.

Long term you're better off doing a routine (sets and reps wise) which works for you. Even just doing one extra workout a week by way of specialization will do something for your arms.

Personally my preference is to do no more than two exercises for a body part but to absolutely smash them. You can also do other exercises in alternating workouts. Such arm workouts could be thus:

Triceps: some form of dips (as per the suggested workout) as a compound movement. And an overhead tricep extension (I can't do these any more but loved them when I could)

Biceps: A very strict seated dumbbell curl - full supination and contraction combined with cheat EZ bar curls

That's one workout. Let's call that workout A

Workout B might be

Triceps: Close grip bench press and (you could superset it) lying ez bar skull crushers

Bicep: concentration curls and hammer curls

I do a lot less. I do very heavy hammer curls (they end up across the body style) and tricep pressdowns. I do about 4-5 sets of each and keep the reps to about 8 reps

This routine could work but basically you are just trying to bring up a lagging body part. I would try doing a lot of different exercises and huge volume on arms. Do weird things like training arms every day for a week. Just something different to stimulate the muscle.

Top Bottom