Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

sternum popping and sore

HAYEZ

Crack Peddler
Platinum
anyone experience this

no not that i know of...pretty slow going up and down...usually steady...but i will be sure to watch it monday on chest day...it has always popped for the last few years but now seems to be a bit painful when it does..i am plenty hydrated also

Did you start doing heavy dips lately? I noticed once I started on dips, my chest popped all the time. It stopped now though. I don't know why.

no everything i been doing has been about steady i move up slowly a week...no sudden chage of anything....really never hurts owrking out...but just sitting in my chiar fuckin killing me

no it is exactly right down the middle...muscles dont hurt a all...just seems where it connects is sore

I have experienced this. Keep lifting. It'll go away. I had a bruised sternum. For the story see the "bench press horrors" thread on the powerlifting board.

I'd bet you had some experience in the past where your upper body took quite a blow. My breast bone will pop when I expand my ribcage rapidly, (like when blocking a spike in volleyball). If I sneeze without crossing my arms or pressing on my breast bone it fucking kills. I talked to a few docs in the past about it. They told me there's a lot of laxity in the joints there, most likely from my lifestyle. Not much as far as easy fixes. I guess it's common. One of my bros had this pain after a motorcross accident. It got better for him. I've had this for a few years. Bench actually makes it better.

I've had this too.....

With me, I really wouldn't call it REAL painful....feels like it needs popped, so I inhale and hold, lift my arms about and behind and/or stick the chest out...

Sometimes it pops, most of the time it doesn't...when it does pop it hurts for a few hours then goes away....if it doesn't pop then that 'needs popped' feeling stays...

Another thing that I think works well is stretching...like on Pec day...I ALWAYS stretch the pecs well (before and during)....a PT showed me one in particular...you guys probably already do it, but if not.....stand at a rack/cage and put the bottom of both forearms above your waist on the front of the rack...(like a butterfly machine).....then just take one step in and stick your chest out (lunge like)....FEELS Great....switch feet and repeat.....Sometimes I get the pop, most times I don't....

Top Bottom