Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

starting new exercise/workout plan, is this good?

TLS4 GatorBait

i dont know much about proper exercise and stuff, but im starting this new plan for me where i goto the gym (which is free use for living at this apartment complex) and workout my arm and leg strength for about 30 minutes every other day, and on two offdays during the week run on the treadmill for cardiovascular stuff and endurance. im trying to improve arm and leg strength, along with running endurance, and ive heard there are differet things to do when trying to improve or just trying to touch up or something, so any advice on improving? right now im about 5'11-6'0, 135 lbs., obviously no need to lose weight. i played basketball for a short while but not lately, and am trying to get in the best possible shape for the next season.
basically, im asking if my plan is ok, like im not over or under doing anything am i? and some advice on muscle and endurance improvement

TLS4 GatorBait said:
lol well im 16
by the way, im not trying to be a super huge muscle freak like in the pictures around elitefitness

why not, don't you want hyooge gunz? that's how you get the ladiezz

Well, you said you have a plan, and then you asked us to critique your plan, but you never told us what the plan was.

So what's the plan? What exactly are you doing to increase your strenght?

well the plan is working out 3 times a week for about 30 minutes, and running on the other two for about 10-20 minutes straight. is that overdoing or underdoing in any way? for the treadmill i run for about 10-20 minutes, maybe more depending on how i feel always at 5.5mph. when i go in to work out i pretty much use all the 'toys' at least once to work my arms and legs in different ways. i have no idea what they are specifically called, or how much im doing for each (different weight ammounts for different things). the advice im looking for is like, am i supposed to overdo it a little so that improvement is made or like just do what you can. im trying to improve, which i heard is different than just "toning up", which i believe im trying to improve instead.

TLS4 GatorBait said:
well the plan is working out 3 times a week for about 30 minutes, and running on the other two for about 10-20 minutes straight. is that overdoing or underdoing in any way? for the treadmill i run for about 10-20 minutes, maybe more depending on how i feel always at 5.5mph. when i go in to work out i pretty much use all the 'toys' at least once to work my arms and legs in different ways. i have no idea what they are specifically called, or how much im doing for each (different weight ammounts for different things). the advice im looking for is like, am i supposed to overdo it a little so that improvement is made or like just do what you can. im trying to improve, which i heard is different than just "toning up", which i believe im trying to improve instead.

OK, first of all "toning up" is for chicks and anorexic metrosexual dudes. Second, if you are worried about getting huge, then you don't have to worry about getting huge. You don't have the will to make that happen.

You seem to have absolutely no knowledge about this, but luckily for you, you found this place. It's a wealth of information, but you need to at least know what you don't know so you can ask real questions.

Now go read the training stickies at the top of this forum.

Assuming you have access to the right equipment, the best thing you can do right now is to learn how to perform a small number of very effective exercises and just get better at them. 'Better' meaning being able to lift a little more weight each time you try. Focus on squats, bench press, deadlifts, overhead pressing and bent over rows.

Have a look in the training vault at the top of the forum and have a read of "Mark Rippetoe's 3x5". It's perfectly suited to you at present. Do this and eat a lot - enough to put on weight - and you'll make great progress over the coming months.

Good luck!

Top Bottom