Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stale routine entree w/ a plateau on the side

Morngrim

Good afternoon everyone

My routine is stale, and my split sucks. I got great results for a time, but not even switching up the rep scheme helps anymore. so, I'm looking for a new split and rep scheme to help me get to the next level here. I am currently 5'8 at 185 lbs at about 11% bf, 19 years old, and have been training for roughly 2.5 years. I currently bench 315. I am looking to get where I am repping that weight four to five times by the end of the summer.

I now am using a split of...
monday-chest/biceps
wed-legs/shoulders
fri-back/triceps

I utilize compound movements such as barbell bench for chest, straight bar curl for bis, squats freebar for legs, db shoulder press, chins and close grip bench/dips for tris. I supplement these with other dumbbell or barbell lifts, focusing on compound movements. My rep range generally goes from 8 to 4 on my first lifts, then ranges from 8-6 on the supplementary exercises. I find that isolation mostly makes me lose strength and size if anything, so I rarely touch a machine or a cable exercise.

I was considering a split of...
monday-chest/tris
wed-legs
fri-back/shoulders/biceps

This is the question... since I have more or less tired my body of compound movements, and the strength/size rep scheme, how can I possibly shock my body into a period of new growth without backtracking into cable/machine isolation exercises.... is there any hope, should I focus on intaking more protein, or are there better three day splits than the ones I have outlined here?

Aesthetics are still important to me, otherwise I would just buy louie simmons' westside method videos and train that way exclusively. Life just isn't that fair.

I would appreciate any constructive criticism, and if you're going to flame me, go right ahead, but dont beat the dead cable/machine horse, because I've been down that road and it does jack shit for me.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ryan

Top Bottom