Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squatting with a brace

sahota19

Hey guys ive injured my left Mcl and its been around 5 months but it hasnt healed 100%. When i do squats i still feel a slight pain and vulnerabilty near the tear drop portion of thigh and knee. My trainer recommended a brace and with the brace i feel no pain at all (just a neoprene with velcro strap no metal or hinges). I only wear the brace when i get around to the 75% of my max mark. Do you guys think wearing the brace wont simulate muscle growth on that leg and make it weaker then my dominant leg in the long run becuase I squat alot.

Hey guys ive injured my left Mcl and its been around 5 months but it hasnt healed 100%. When i do squats i still feel a slight pain and vulnerabilty near the tear drop portion of thigh and knee. My trainer recommended a brace and with the brace i feel no pain at all (just a neoprene with velcro strap no metal or hinges). I only wear the brace when i get around to the 75% of my max mark. Do you guys think wearing the brace wont simulate muscle growth on that leg and make it weaker then my dominant leg in the long run becuase I squat alot.

If your that concerned about it wear a brace on both legs to keep even development at least until the leg heals. I use neoprene wraps all the time when I squat it helps keep my knees warm and stable and my leg development is no issue.

lightem up the weight.. you aren't gonna be able to go heavy for a while.

if it still hurts then just stick to machines

i'll be blunt with you, unless you want this problem to become chronic then listen to your body, if it hurts then ease off

I agree., just take it easy., it's going to take a while longer for it to heal.. You don't want to fuck it up again... Just do about 50% and do reps.. Make sure you ice it..massage it an stuff.. You still have to rehab it. You might have to rely more on leg press or something., something that doesn't irritate your knee much.

I'd suggest HIGH Box Box Squats with a wide stance wearing Chuck Taylors...slowly work your way down to a deeper box.

Top Bottom