Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squats, Squats, Squats

Oh. I really want to emphasize the back of and front of my thighs so I do them on different days so I could really work them out.:D But I just don't know when's the best to do squats. :confused:

Girlwonder said:
Oh. I really want to emphasize the back of and front of my thighs so I do them on different days so I could really work them out.:D But I just don't know when's the best to do squats. :confused:

Doing them on different days does not emphasize muscles more. For example doing flyes on day 1, bench on day 2, and cable crossovers on day 3 isn't going to make your chest any bigger than doing them all one one day.

Legs have huge muscles that require long recovery times of 6 days or more. If anything you maybe could split up quads vs. hammies but personally I do them all on the same day.

JC

joncrane said:

Doing them on different days does not emphasize muscles more. For example doing flyes on day 1, bench on day 2, and cable crossovers on day 3 isn't going to make your chest any bigger than doing them all one one day.

Legs have huge muscles that require long recovery times of 6 days or more. If anything you maybe could split up quads vs. hammies but personally I do them all on the same day.

JC

really? Somebody recommended that I do that though so I could really exhaust each part.

Girlwonder said:

really? Somebody recommended that I do that though so I could really exhaust each part.

I agree with joncrane. At this point it comes down to personal preference and trial and error. Splitting them up may work best once you have achieved substantial development and are really trying to move above your genetic potential. I agree with the big muscle group, lots of recoup necessary, train all on one day, 1x per week, but when you train, blast the shit out of them. Also, its hard to isolate them, so, when you train quads you train hammys, etc. That point also argues for same day.

When squats are done properly they work both quads and hamstrings. However, if one does not squat deep enough he will not work the lower end of the hamstring to its full development. For this you need to do very deep squats, stiff legs and seated curls work best.

Top Bottom