x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Squats, Squats, Squats

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Squats, Squats, Squats within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: When do you do squats if you do hamstrings(leg curls) and quads(leg exts.) on separate days?:confused:

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Broly

Squats, Squats, Squats

When do you do squats if you do hamstrings(leg curls) and quads(leg exts.) on separate days?

I do them all on the same day

Re: Squats, Squats, Squats

Originally posted by Girlwonder
    When do you do squats if you do hamstrings(leg curls) and quads(leg exts.) on separate days?
    You would do them with quads

Good Broly
    Oh. I really want to emphasize the back of and front of my thighs so I do them on different days so I could really work them out. But I just don't know when's the best to do squats.

In that case do as Stillgoing said.

Oh. I really want to emphasize the back of and front of my thighs so I do them on different days so I could really work them out. But I just don't know when's the best to do squats.
    Doing them on different days does not emphasize muscles more. For example doing flyes on day 1, bench on day 2, and cable crossovers on day 3 isn't going to make your chest any bigger than doing them all one one day.

Legs have huge muscles that require long recovery times of 6 days or more. If anything you maybe could split up quads vs. hammies but personally I do them all on the same day.

JC

Good Broly
    Originally posted by joncrane

Doing them on different days does not emphasize muscles more. For example doing flyes on day 1, bench on day 2, and cable crossovers on day 3 isn't going to make your chest any bigger than doing them all one one day.

Legs have huge muscles that require long recovery times of 6 days or more. If anything you maybe could split up quads vs. hammies but personally I do them all on the same day.

JC
    really? Somebody recommended that I do that though so I could really exhaust each part.

really? Somebody recommended that I do that though so I could really exhaust each part.
    I agree with joncrane. At this point it comes down to personal preference and trial and error. Splitting them up may work best once you have achieved substantial development and are really trying to move above your genetic potential. I agree with the big muscle group, lots of recoup necessary, train all on one day, 1x per week, but when you train, blast the shit out of them. Also, its hard to isolate them, so, when you train quads you train hammys, etc. That point also argues for same day.

Pro Bodybuilder
    some well known pro's work them on seperate days. I have never been able to understand why?

Pro Bodybuilder
    When squats are done properly they work both quads and hamstrings. However, if one does not squat deep enough he will not work the lower end of the hamstring to its full development. For this you need to do very deep squats, stiff legs and seated curls work best.