Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squats: HOW DEEP? parallel or to the floor?

S

SSAlexSS

Hello all!

What is the most beneficial squat range? To the floor or parallel? My teachers keep telling me that going below parallel is bad for the knees. is that is so?

Reply please!

I GUESS IT REALLY JUST DEPENDS ON YOUR KNEES. IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE SQUAT TO PARALLEL AND MAYBE RAP THEM TO. I THINK YOU SHOULD AT LEAST GO PARALLEL THOU. IF YOU CAN GO TO THE FLOOR THEN DO SO. JUST BE CAREFUL..

If you want to do squats, then you will go to the floor.

If you like doing half-squats, then by all means, go parallel.

-Warik

This depends on your structure. If you can Squat to the floor, do it. If you cannot without your form breaking down, try to at least get to parallel or a little below. One thing you can try is Squating deep with moderate weights and to parallel with very heavy weights.

HeavyDutyGuy said:
This depends on your structure. If you can Squat to the floor, do it. If you cannot without your form breaking down, try to at least get to parallel or a little below. One thing you can try is Squating deep with moderate weights and to parallel with very heavy weights.

now theres a man who knows what hes talking about.

peoples physical structure dictate what their capabilities are. flexibility, back stability, prior injury, and to a degree height, will play a big part in how people squat.

there is no "one size fits all" prescription for squatting. if you cant track your knees in the right plane of motion, you WILL fuck up your knees. do what you can. if you are able to keep good form and bounce your nuts off the floor...have fun. i hit parallel and start my ascent.

Thanx!

I just found out that I cant touch my bum to the floor unless I spread my legs wide enough.

NOOOO!!!!! Oh well.... Gonna do 9/10 range of motion squats.

yeah...i messed myself up as its easier to if your doing ATF i think....just be very careful if u do, because its easier to injure yourself :(

Top Bottom