Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

squats and deads on the same day?

is it advisable to do these exercises, heavy, on the same day? I woud like to incorporate some old fashioned deads in my workouts. here is my routine for legs and back

hack squat 4x8
squat 4x8
leg extension 4x6
s/l deadlifts 2x10
leg curls 4x10

bb rows 4x7
hammer strength machine pull downs(simulates a pull up, I think but with separate handles for each side) 4x7
wide chins 4xwhatever I can do(around 4-6)
db rows 4x7

where can I implement some deads???

I used a routine for quite a while that had me deadlifting and squatting on the same day.However, it was difficult to recover from so I adjusted it so that squats and deads were the only exercises I did on that day, and I only did one work set of each.This worked quite well for me at the time.

i think that would be taxing as hell,but we're all different.some will say do it.others not........ do what works for you.i do my deads on back day and it works for me................PEACE:supercool

I'm with the mann on that one, deads on back/shoulder day work great for me, after squatting it's all I can do to drag my sorry ass out to the car

okay. on my leg day, see above, can I sunstitute deads for squats once in a while to change it up, and get the same, if not better results? what are your opinions on that? also, how are my leg and back days? I would to hear some feedback on that...

your back workout looks good,but do either barbell row or d/b..switch when you feel you need to.youcan add in a seated cable row or chest supported row ....i wouldn't substitute deads fo squats.make squats your main exercise on leg day always(with a few other moves,leave deads for back day.do pull ups or your hammer strength,to warm things up,then hit your deads,thenbarbell rows.do it any order you like and change the exercises to suit you........

there isnt a seated cable row machine at my gym anymore. I love those things, but my outer lats are starting to show from the hammer strength exercises or bb rows.

Top Bottom