Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

squats and deadlift oddities, help

al bundy

hi, I have this problem, my squat won't go up. I don't train westside which is probably one flaw except my deadlift keeps going up but I just can't make the squat go up. And it is a serious gap. I'm pulling 395 @ 146 but I can berely do a good 275 squat. These are not with a suit only a belt and wraps.

If I do have to make the box change where can I buy one and how many in. below parallel should it be?

I am the same exact way. How are you built? Height/arm length/etc.

I weigh about the same as you now at 5'7". I pulled 425@150 and I only squatted 300 on that day. With wraps I have done 315. My next program I am gonna work hard on my squat form, because I feel my technique is holding me back. Also, the more bodyweight you put on, it should make it easier to squat. The wider your base, the more you will be able to stabilize and power up the weight.

For our box, we used a 2x12 with short 2x4's attached to the bottom. It fits snug in the square platform base used for the step aerobics deal. We then add as many squares as we need for our desired depth. We also made a reverse hyper machine to retro fit our power rack. Let me know if you need the specs on that. It works awesome.
As far as your squat is concerned, where is your sticking point?

my stance is wide, about 3-5 in from the bars on the rack, my problem is at the bottom, and my form is pretty good. And I am just at 5'10". Ive tried box squatting on a bench but they are to tall to get to parallel.

If your sticking point is at the bottom, it's your hips that need work. Box squats will be very helpful. A tight suit will, when you wear one, will give you that tightness in the bottom. I also do kneeling squats and pull throughs for my hips.

Just make a box...make it 10-12" tall and 14-16" wide or deep. That way you can turn it on its sides for different heights. You can also add mats to them to make it higher if you want.

B True

Top Bottom