Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squats & Front Squats- Are They REALLY That Much Different???

Texas Ranger

To guys that have seriously tried them both. Do Front Squats REALLY shift more of the focus to the quads, instead of the glutes? The reason I'm asking is I'm thinking about using Front Squats as my main quad exercise along with Heavy BB & DB Lunges. I'm a tall squatter(6'3.5"-6'4") and even though my quads are growing using regular Squats, my glutes are too. So, what do you think??

IMO, yes, i think front squats focus more on quads, though your hammies and glutes are still in the mix, not to the degree that they are in a back squat....then again, it depends how you back squat.

If your worried about your glutes you better forget about the lunges too cuz they work the glutes big time.

Actually... (any) squatting movement, hack squat, leg press, lunge, etc. is gonna get your glutes. Can`t get around it Bro unless you (just) do leg extensions and use that girly schmirly abducter machine.

Besides.... chicks like a big, tight muscular ass. You go to the mall Bro the ladies will be on you like lint !!! Word up Homey. :fro:

Dave949 said:
If your worried about your glutes you better forget about the lunges too cuz they work the glutes big time.

Actually... (any) squatting movement, hack squat, leg press, lunge, etc. is gonna get your glutes. Can`t get around it Bro unless you (just) do leg extensions and use that girly schmirly abducter machine.

Besides.... chicks like a big, tight muscular ass. You go to the mall Bro the ladies will be on you like lint !!! Word up Homey. :fro:

Well, maybe I'll keep the Lunges in. They REALLY kill my quads & hams like nothing else!! In a good way, of course. Front Squats, Lunges & Leg Extensions should do the trick.

Yo Tex.......It wasn`t my intent to denounce lunges but I mentioned not using them if your concerned about the glute issue cuz they get your glutes.

Lunges (to me) is a quality leg movement. I did em for many years until I tore my lower ab and groin muscle and I cannot lunge for shit now so I do not do em anymore. But all the years I did to them my ass and inner thighs would alwas be sore, especially my ass.

I used to do BB lunges with my lead foot stepping on a 4 inch block for added ROM. I used to do em with like 175lbs. for 10/8 reps each leg which was my bodyweight at the time.

Pump on .....

Front squats hit the two tear drop muscle right above the knee more than regular squats - vastus medialus/vastus lateralus or somethin.

I read a few years ago that studies were done and they concluded that front squats didn't hit the quads any more than back squats. the researchers hypothesized that people believe their quads are worked more with the former because of the increased strain on the cardiovascular system when front squatting (due to the effort needed to hold the bar across the shoulders, instead of letting it rest on the back). i personally like back squats better, so i always start my leg workout with those. i will occasionally throw in front squats at the end after squats and presses though, cause they're a tough movement that is fun to do-and not to mention, they still work amazingly well.

Top Bottom