Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squats

madferit

I have always used squats as part of my leg routine, but my q is:

Should you go ass-to-floor or "just below 90 degrees"? I have only tried the latter and it works, but is the ATF way more effective?

which-ever way is more comfortable. I prefer ATF and then go really heavy with a more limited range of motion on leg press.

some people just cannot go further than 90 if you can- do it-

I'm 6'0" with long legs. It's very hard for me to do ATF squts without losing balance or bending over too far. So when I do ATF squats, I go much lighter than in doing the "thigh-parallel-to-floor" squat. In other words, I can use much more weight going with the latter. However, I wouldn't waste my time doing any squat less than at least parallel.

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Serge Nubret, "I look like I can take you."

Arnold, "Keep looking."

I have the same problem as genetiking. I'm 6'2, so what I'll do is a heel elevated squat. It cuts into my poundages, but I get a better rom, and it emphasises my thighs more. I feel atf squats also help to develop the area around the knee.

I'm 6'1" and I go below paralell, but not ATF. I see a lot of guys going ATF and bouncing their asses off their hams. Slamming your hams off your calves at the bottom gives you a momentum boost. I prefer to go down controlled and stop just below paralell. Don't get pissed at me all you ATF'ers who do them right. I'm just talking about the ones who go down out of control and use the momentum to carry them halfway back up before they actually have to start pushing... As far as balance goes, I'm tall and don't have a problem. Try lowering the weight for a while and adjusting your form to keep better balance.

------------------
One Rep Past Death...

im 6'2 and all legs myself..i always do ATF squats...but my problem is that my left foot will move at the bottom..and pint more and more out..so i gotta correct it all the time...anybody know what to do?

------------------
THE NORWEGIAN FREIGHT TRAIN

"Pain, is just weakness leaving your body"

"...damn you for not giving my TEST" - Metallica

"After this show i'll be fat and happy again.....If i make it to the show...." - Lee Priest

"Lets put some weight on the bar.." - Shawn Ray

"IT DOESN'T MATTER" - The Rock

"Intensity builds immensity" - Kevin Levrone

Originally posted by Valdez:
tall squatters who have trouble can use alot of front squats.

I'm 6'3" and front squat are great!

------------------
m.pstm.8106.e.jpg

"I'm having an old friend for dinner."

Top Bottom