Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squats

davidmoss

[FONT=&quot]Hey guys, my squats are way behind my other lifts. I had ACL/MCL/meniscus reconstructive surgery a few years back around the end of high school, so I've been taking it light for lower body stuff since I started power lifting.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Right now my bench press is at 300, deadlift 430 (hopefully 450 in a couple weeks!) and I haven't maxed on squats.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Today I did low box squats, 135x5, (250x5)x4, 275x3, and then 135x15 at the end of my workout.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I'm going to max out next week, and was hoping somebody could give me some input on how much to aim for, as well as the sets I should do leading up to it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks![/FONT]

For actual max attempts, I stop training a week out, and don't do sets before I attempt the max except with very light weight to loosen up. My first attempt will be with a weight I know will be very heavy, but I'm confident there is little chance I will fail a single. From there I will add weight for a real max attempt. How much I add I base off of how well the first single went. Take long rests between attempts as well.

at your age if it was a successful surgery and you are healed up you should be able to push yourself a bit more than an older person with the same injury

just pace yourself and take it slow

i'm also an advocate of box squats and front squats. yes you will do less BUT they will force you to use proper form which is #1. most guys in the gym have awful squat form

Top Bottom