Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squated for the first time in 2 yrs this AM. Need advice to incorporate them into my routine permamently.

Blane

Hi All:

Today was supposed to be DL day. I woke up and decided to try to squat. I have not been able to get under the bar for over 2 yrs. My right shoulder would not let me get under the bar. I put the bar a little high on my back(it didnt hurt my right shoulder). And my form felt good. I did lean forward a few reps. But corrected the form. Thank goodness i was going light.

So today i did 3 sets 5 reps 225. Whimp weight i know. But its a start. Shoulder width stance full squats. I am so jacked about it.

Here is the challenge.

My current workout is:

Day 1: Chest/tries
Day 2: off
Day 3: DL/Legs
Day 4: off
Day 5: Shoulders
Day 6: off
Day 7:Back/Bies

Advice on adding squats? Should i alternate day 3? meaning squat one week DL the next?

I have been Dead Lifting consistantly and there was strenght in my legs today....Squating 225 after 2 yrs off from squats proves the dl is hitting legs.

Dl and back the same day does not work for me.. I cant do anything else on squat/dl day. In addition, Squatting and deadlifting the same day wont work either. I run out of gas!!!!!

Advice?

The best solution with your program seems to alternate between DL'ing and Squating every other week. I DL everything other week. The week off I just do some rack pulls. But to squat every other week? Right now I'm doing it twice a week. I feel if you're going to be doing it, you should be doing it at least once a week. When I had a similar program as yours, I just did it on back day. But if you can't, that would obviously be a problem.

What else do you do after DL'ing? Right now I'm working on a Push/Pull program that allows me to squat twice a week (back once, front once), and deadlift every other week (or every week if you choose to ).

Why don't you goto the gym once more per week and change your routine around a little to allow you to do both weekly?

Also, what happened to your shoulder? I am recovering from a dislocating/frozen shoulder and it's been trouble trying to get under the bar for squats (8 months off lifting due to injury).

Best advice you will get on squats... Check your ego and use correct form even if the weights seem pathetic. Starting light and using correct form and hitting proper depth will go along way toward building a huge squat and tree trunk legs. For all I know you are squating ass to floor with perfect form, so if this is the case ignore the above. As far as incorporating them into your routine you will have to switch that up a little. Why does everyone hit chest and tris on Monday? Ok I would train my squats first thing in the week on Monday. This alone will take your physique a long way. I would hit chest/shoulders/tris on tuesday. Why can't you DL on back day? On thursday I would do back(DL)/bis, but I would only pull from the floor every other week. Squating on Mon and pulling on thur should give you plenty of time to recover if volume is in check. Whenever I squat and pull in the same week I burn out quick.

Yes. Squat should be first day. I will make that correction. I break pararell and keep it tight.

After i DL im done for the day. So back after wont work.

Chest, shoulders and tries same day would kill me. lol....

You are an animal@!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best way I've found to do squats and deads in the same week is to do Back/deads on monday, chest tuesday, wednesday off, thursday legs, friday shoulders, saturday arms. I've tried other variations but I've found that to be the best break-up between the deadlifts and the squats.

Blane said:
Yes. Squat should be first day. I will make that correction. I break pararell and keep it tight.

After i DL im done for the day. So back after wont work.

Chest, shoulders and tries same day would kill me. lol....

You are an animal@!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would do Dl with back. If you do it later in the week after squats you should be fine. There is no way I could give 100% on both squats and Dl on the same day. What is your current back routine like? DLs are the cornerstone of a solid back routine imo.

I'd move your deadlift to the very beginning of your back day, and on your leg day I'd focus all your energy and time on getting back into your squating groove. The deadlift is more of a back exercise anyway.

If you feel like it makes your back day too long on time, try moving your bi's to shoulder day.

Re: Squated for the first time in 2 yrs this AM. Need advice to incorporate them into

train exercises, not body parts!

I would do:

1-Chest/bis
2-off
3-Legs
4-off
5-Shoulders/tris
6-off
7-Back w Dl included.

I mean why give shoulders a whole day? When you can give a whole day for the taxating legs and back. By the way u can always try ZERCHER squats after back squats for going heavier if your shoulder still bother you.

Top Bottom