Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squat vs legpress

ARIcohen

[FONT=&quot]Which is best squats or legpress? i only squat 200lbs for 12 reps, did some legpresses yesterday, was suprised i could do 440lbs easily(didnt do legpress before) should i add legpress to my workout? is it as effective as squats?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Squats are the best leg exercise but you can benefit from both exercises. The problem with leg press is it is easy to use terrible form which makes it look like your moving higher weight but your leveraging with different muscles and sharing the weight with the machine itself. There is a popular shirt that says, “No one cares how many plates you put on the leg press”. It is definitely one of the exercises where you will see consistently horrible form done by bros who think they are impressing someone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are both worth doing, but keep in mind the leg press is not going to recruit any stabilizing muscles nor will the effective working wait be close to the amount of plates you put on.

Top Bottom