Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

? Squat shoes

donsj

I am using the same shoes for squatting as for deadlifting--a pair of nice low wrestling shoes. Question is are those shoes to flimsy for squatting, they seem ok but am I setting myself up for injury continuing to use them? Goal it to total 1000+ on something like 375, 300, 350. Current prs: 355, 305, 316.

for those weights, wrestling shoes would be fine. i use converse chuck taylors for squatting, they work extremely well

I used wrestling shoes for both squat and deadlift for a while, switched to Chucks, and I like 'em a lot better. Feels like it's easier to spread the floor, and I feel more stable.

I was talking to a friend of mine and he suggested using the wrestling shoes if you pull conventional, Chucks if you pull sumo.

I squat in chucks now and pull in wrestling shoes. Just make sure your wresting shoes don't have the split sole. The solid sole gives a little roll to the heels during your pull and makes for a smoother transition.

Cheers,
Scotsman

donsj said:
I am using the same shoes for squatting as for deadlifting--a pair of nice low wrestling shoes. Question is are those shoes to flimsy for squatting, they seem ok but am I setting myself up for injury continuing to use them? Goal it to total 1000+ on something like 375, 300, 350. Current prs: 355, 305, 316.

I read this somewhere and went out and tried it: Chuck Taylor Converse High top Allstars.

They work, I was surprised. Solid rubber sole means no compression, flat sole means no lateral movement and good ankle support.

donsj said:

Converse Chuck Taylor's - they're working out great for me. I was gonna get some pink ones, but my training partner wouldn't lift with me i think....hahaha. Also i wore a Fight Boot from Freddy.com - that's what they are called and they are a little more substantial. A lot of people don't like all that much shoe in PL it seems - just enough support is well...enough.

Top Bottom