Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squat problems need expert advice

Kidcrush

When I start to go heavy on squats I start to list(lean) to the right side. I'm pretty square up to about
275lbs. but when I put 315lbs I lean about 2 or 3 inches to the right. Also, my training partner says that when I start to go heavier that my ass seems to be moving a little to the left. This break down in form hurts my lower back on the left side at the SI joint area and the next day I can feel some nerve impingement in my left leg. Additionally, I have to stretch extensively between each set or the left side of my lower back gets real tight. Any pointers or suggestions from any squat experts would be greatly appreciated. As far as my stance I take a pretty wide stance with my toes pointed slightly outward - I use a box for one of my two weekly squat workouts and I always sit way back with my ass. I'm wondering if I have weak abs or a spinal injury-maybe a slightly slipped disk?

you stance is sounds good to me....I think the problem might be psychological, although that's just a guess. you could try some hack-squats to help with that (that's if you have acces to a machine). I would definately emphasize other exercises to help strengthen my legs if I were you, ones like legpress. Good Luck!!!

i wouldnt let it bother you. Shit in my group of guy i could point out as well as they can on me tons of weird lookin shit when we squat. Not only that i have seen tapes of me squattin and been told the bar leans more to the left then right when i squat. And it does it wether i have 315 or 715. Its they way i squat. Just squat your ass off and dont worry about. Not everybody is going to squat picture perfect. But if it is mental you can adjust he bar differently, work your abs. And do other things for legs. Just dont worry about too much. Your just messin with your self.

Sounds like you have an inbalance between your hips or spinal erectors. Add some hip and lower back work to your routine. Wide stance and narrow stance good mornings helped my stability in the squat tremedously. So I suggest those. My left leg is dominant in heavy squats due to old quad injuries to my right leg, and I used to push to one side when I squatted heavy. The good mornings pretty much eliminated that.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to see a chiropractor just to make sure your spine is ok.

Molten said:
Sounds like you have an inbalance between your hips or spinal erectors. Add some hip and lower back work to your routine. Wide stance and narrow stance good mornings helped my stability in the squat tremedously.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to see a chiropractor just to make sure your spine is ok.
Agreed.I had a very minor degree of scoliosis that wasn't noticeable until I began to lift weights.I went to a chiropractor who specialized in sports medicine,and he sent me to have an orthotic device made for my shoe that added about an inch to my right leg.I always just compensated for it and was never aware it was "off"...

Top Bottom