Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squat PR today of 120! :)

wegs224

Keeping the bar low so it doesn't hinder my neck injury, has helped amazingly so. I can't believe I'm really climbing with the weight now! Going to stay at 120 lbs, for a few weeks, then up the weight again. Just don't want to cause my neck and issues.

I'm psyched! And just wanted to share with you all!

Stay patient with the process. PR's will come! :rainbow:

Oh, and I did 120 lbs for 4 reps. YAY!

I mean this absolutely zero discouragement but if you are concerned about neck injuries doing squats you are absolutely not squatting correctly
the bar should be nowhere near your neck and your head should be a neutral position

pls get yourself a copy of "starting strength" if you are unable to have a trainer show you the correct method

I have a neck disk injury from years ago, and have learned how to squat properly to keep it from acting up further. Squatting didnt cause the injury.

I should have probably mentioned that. :)

I'm actually fine now. That's why I'm excited about this. I've been keeping the bar very low away from my neck and it's made everything much better.

I have a log here, and I explain it more there.

Thanks for the input though.

thats all I was concerned with...that you have the bar across traps rather than near your neck.

I hadn't assumed you had injured your neck squatting but found it troubling you would be concerned about re-injury
I would suggest going up in weight 5 lbs at a time each week...use the 2.5 lb weights

Top Bottom